Unable to login after fresh install 7.0.1

I’ve used while ago my demo new install OpenEmr 6.1.0 on synology server inside a docker and it was running ok, but today I tried to login again after few months of not using and none of my users can’t get me logged in. so since this was demo install and no data was entered I tried to reinstall whole new openemr:7.0.1 using following yml code:

Use admin/pass as user/password credentials to login to openemr (from OE_USER and OE_PASS below)

MYSQL_HOST and MYSQL_ROOT_PASS are required for openemr

MYSQL_USER, MYSQL_PASS, OE_USER, MYSQL_PASS are optional for openemr and

if not provided, then default to openemr, openemr, admin, and pass respectively.

version: ‘3.1’
services:
mysql:
restart: always
image: mariadb:10.6
command: [‘mysqld’,’–character-set-server=utf8mb4’]
volumes:
- databasevolume:/var/lib/mysql
environment:
MYSQL_ROOT_PASSWORD: root
openemr:
restart: always
image: openemr/openemr:7.0.1
ports:
- 80:80
- 443:443
volumes:
- logvolume01:/var/log
- sitevolume:/var/www/localhost/htdocs/openemr/sites
environment:
MYSQL_HOST: mysql
MYSQL_ROOT_PASS: root
MYSQL_USER: openemr
MYSQL_PASS: openemr
OE_USER: admin
OE_PASS: pass
depends_on:
- mysql
volumes:
logvolume01: {}
sitevolume: {}
databasevolume: {}

I’ve used this exactly as it is in this code except I changed:
MYSQL_ROOT_PASSWORD: myownpass
MYSQL_ROOT_PASS: myownpass
MYSQL_USER: admin
MYSQL_PASS: myownpass
to my custom passwords and users, install went smooth it downloaded all the images created 2 containers one for mysql and another one for openemr. I can access local site no problem, but as soon I type user and password as defined in yml code it gives me an error: Invalid username or password. is this some Kinde of bug? any solutions? can some password characters used for mysql password could cause this issue? admin password I used was very simple no special characters.
my docker is up to date no issues for running other containers.

By default, the password expires. That is what I think is the issue here if there is nothing in the database just reinstall. If there is something worth keeping and you can get into the database. Change the password expiration in the global and you should be able to log in.

Hi
as I mentioned in my original post I just fresh installed latest 7.0.1 version and still can’t login

Hi George Zera,

you can refer below attached link to know about openemr version 7.0 installation userguide refer link:

Window:
OpenEMR 7.0.0 Windows Installation - OpenEMR Project Wiki

Linux
OpenEMR 7.0.0 Linux Installation - OpenEMR Project Wiki

You follow by proper steps its work fine.

Thanks
Param
help@capminds.com

Hi
thanks for your reply, but I’m trying to install on Docker. and when I installed by following official guide to install on docker I got trouble logging in.

at this point I tried fresh install of openEMR 7.0.0 and 7.0.1 on docker and both of them not letting me to login with the user and password defied in .yml file. is this a bug or something that I’m doing wrong?
any dev team members out there who knows what’s going on with my install? thanks

Try administrator for the oe username and/or try a longer password.