Tracking ROM+pain LBF

Hello,

I just installed openemr a few weeks ago for testing purposes. I own a small chiropractic office and I have been running into formatting issues with the layout based forms.

In specific, I’m looking for a way to document both active and passive ranges of motion in each direction and whether or not each elicited pain. As an example

Cervical ROM
Flexion: active 75% + pain, passive 100% - pain
Extension: findings
ETC

I can’t seem to create any combination of label and column categories in LBF that result in an easy to read final note. The output ends up on different lines so that you’d never be able to interpret it after the fact. I really don’t want to type it all in through a text box or use Nation Notes to essentially do the same. Even on a moderately complex case you have to track 30+ ranges of motion for every visit and I’d rather not get carpal tunnel.

I’ve created very good paper forms that are detailed yet quick to fill out and quick to read, I just can’t seem to translate them into any of the available forms for openemr.

Am I missing some more detailed instructions on how to line everything up in the wiki?

Longer term question:

Is there any additional information on how the eye exam was created? It is vastly different to anything else that I can find in the openemr platform and I like it a lot. I searched the wiki and these forums for any details on how it was built and tested, but I can’t seem to find anything. I would be more than happy to work on developing something similar for chiropractors and physical therapists. We run into a lot of the same issues in the EHR world was ophthalmologists and dentists with available systems doing a very poor job of matching our workflows or documentation needs.

Thanks,

Adam

I have a form called Annotated Diagram that I haven’t had time to get into code base as contrib form that allow annotating on a rom diagram(or others). Not great and not bad either. Take a look on my test server at https://opensourcedemr.us logon admin and pass= nopass. Use patient Jason Binder. latest encounter. There is a ROM form started. Also a couple ROM forms I believe under Occupational.

1 Like

hi @aburch,
Regarding the eye form, that awesome module is @rmagauran 's baby and would be great to see more modules like it. Some info on the wiki can be found here:
http://www.open-emr.org/wiki/index.php/Eye_Exam
-brady

1 Like

hello @aburch

LBF forms in OpenEMR are used to create simple medical forms with some basic HTML elements like Dropdown, textbox,textarea …etc.
The Eye Exam in OpenEMR is created in Custom format ( without using LBF form and elements).
In your case we have to customize the OpenEMR codes to create your own forms for chiropractors and physical therapists .

Let us know if you have any clarifications.
ViSolve

1 Like