Testing database migration from 4.2.2 to 5.0 - eye exam

stavpap wrote on Sunday, February 12, 2017:

Hello!
I recently grabbed a snapshot of the latest 5.0 dev version installed and configured it. Everything seemed to work fine. Eye exam worked fine.
Then I tried to transfer my database from 4.2.2, for testing purposes.
Using webmin’s interface I backed up the 4.2.2 database and then execute the resulting .sql.tar to the 5.0 installation (again using the webmin interface). After that I run the sql_upgrade.php script which seemed to complete without any problems. I did notice that it mentioned “Table form_eye_mag was purposefully skipped and NOT migrated to InnoDB”
The eye exam form is missing now. In Administration/other/forms the “eye exam” form appears to be registered, PHP extracted but when I hit the “install DB” command it responds with the “ERROR: could not open table.sql, broken form?” message.
Usually this method works fine…
What did I do wrong? Any insight on how to do it correctly would be appreciated.

visolveemr wrote on Tuesday, February 14, 2017:

Hello Stavros,

During loading 4.2.2 data to 5.0 instance database process, 4.2.2 dump file deleted the eye form entry from form registry and loaded again all the form registry values in 4.2.2. Due to this eye form is not showing in the OpenEMR.

Sql Upgrade will add the eye exam form in form registry only if eye exam tables was not created. Since eye exam table already created, sql upgrade didn’t work.

Eye Exam form can not be installed via Admin->Others->forms as of now, since it was being installed by default openemr setup/upgrade.

Thanks,
ViSolve OpenEMR Support Team
ViSolve

stavpap wrote on Sunday, February 19, 2017:

Hello and thanks for the reply.
So for the time being we cannot transfer the sql database from 4.2.2 to 5.0 without breaking the eye exam, correct?
What happens if we upgrade the 4.2.2 installation to 5.0 ?
What is the best way to have the database from 4.2.2 but not to lose the eye exam included in the 5.0 version?

Thanks,
Stavros

stavpap wrote on Thursday, February 23, 2017:

Quick update.
I tried to upgrade (a copy of) my 4.2.2 production setup to 5.0 using the official ubuntu upgrade method. Everything seemed to work fine. The eye exam works.

bradymiller wrote on Thursday, February 23, 2017:

Hi Stavros,

Sounds good. did you use the ubuntu package? If so, can check out the following file to ensure there were no errors during the upgrade:
/var/log/openemr/<i forgot the name of the file, but the only file here>

-brady
OpenEMR

stavpap wrote on Monday, February 27, 2017:

Hi Brady, sorry I didn’t get back sooner.

Yes I did use the Ubuntu package via command line (since my server is a VM)
I checked the log file (“install”) in th directory you pointed.
There are no error entries as far as I can see.
I have users testing it and if everything goes well, I will repeat the procedure on my production VM.

Thanks,
Stavros