Tab Order

We would like to change the tab order so that the message center is the first tab and the calendar is the second tab. Is there a way to change this order?

I have gone into the globals and under appearance where it has “top main screen”. The message center is not listed. How can I get the message center to the first tab?

hi @juggernautsei, for 5.0.0 it’s here openemr/menu_data.php at rel-500 · openemr/openemr · GitHub

I would like to switch these two tabs.

switch-calendar

I look’s like if lines 38 & 39 where switched that the tabs would trade locations.

Well tried it and that did not happen. I tried switching out the one and the two and no effect.

@juggernautsei,

We tried the same ( switching lines 38 & 39 in tabs/js/tabs_view_model.js file ) and it works for us.
Kindly refer the attached screen shot.

Thanks,
ViSolve

@juggernautsei ,
Just left you another Christmas present :slight_smile:
Seems to test well. Let me know how it tests for you.

-brady

It gets me every time. I forget to clear the cache.

Thanks, @visolveemr @brady.miller

But @visolveemr, looking at your screenshot. The issue is not solved. What we are trying to achieve is to have the message center seen first. If your screenshot is any indication of how the feature works. The calendar is still on top of the message center first.

What is desired is to log in and see the message center on top because there are very important messages people need to be aware of when they log in first thing in the morning. This way it is seen first and they don’t have to think to check messages. The calendar is in the way of alerts that the clinicians need to see when they first log into the system.

We are trying to make it harder for them to miss seeing new patient assignments. So just switching the locations is not the object. The object is to have the message center display first not the calendar. They can stay in the same order as long as the message center is displayed first.

hi @juggernautsei, what if you change the 5th parameter in both of those lines following the tabStatus function

That worked, I was looking at the wrong dev.

1 Like