Spanish CPT4 Codes

Hello. Please, does anyone have the CPT4 codes in Spanish? Thank you.
(I don’t know if what I’m requesting is illegal.)
Luis.

hi @luisuriarte, they’re licensed so can’t be shared

Thank you @stephenwaite . Yes, it seemed to me. Although I have not found a Spanish version to buy a license.

Hello @luisuriarte
My understanding of the CPT codeset is that it is comprehensive, including basically every procedure for every condition known to human-kind. Since most practices have some limitations on the scope of the care they deliver, very few practices need to have all of them available in their system. For that reason, OpenEMR has the feature to manually enter codes as described here:
https://www.open-emr.org/wiki/index.php/HOWTO:_Add_Or_Edit_A_Billing_Code_In_OpenEMR

Since you’re manually entering the individual codes you want, you can make the text that displays the ‘Description’ to the user say whatever you want, in any language you want. Granted, this does not provide an officially certified translation of the code description, so if that’s a requirement this method will not be suitable. But if informal translations are adequate, one may build a Spanish language set of CPT codes for their own use just as any English- speaking user does.
Best- Harley

1 Like

I really appreciate your explanation @htuck . You are very kind…
regards.
Luis

Hello @luisuriarte
Thank you for the appreciation! However I’m in a discussion right now over a point of law that may make my advice invalid, so do not do anything till I get back with a clarification :slight_smile:
Best- Harley

1 Like

Ok, here’s the result of a fascinating discussion I had recently.
It has been pointed out that since the CPT4 codes are proprietary some licensing issues may arise from different types of uses of them in OpenEMR. I am NOT a lawyer so I will simply link to the relevant page and let the user make their own decision about the implications of how they are used in their OpenEMR instance.

Best- HT

1 Like

Also, I have added that AMA CPT link to the OpenEMR wiki pages that carry instructions how to add CPT4 codes to OpenEMR.
… and a big thank you to @stephenwaite for his feedback and that link!
Best- Harley