SOAPware to OpenEMR

leecrites wrote on Saturday, January 15, 2011:

I am migrating from SOAPware 4.95 to OpenEMR. I am writing scripts (PHP) that will pull in the demographic info right now, and will be adding more scripts as time goes on to pull in more info.

Is there any interest in having these available? Right now I have some notes on the migration process so far, plus I have the scripts written. But they’re not really “ready for prime time.” If there are other folks who are looking to make this same migration, I might consider putting them together and publishing them as an open source / gpl type of project.

At this point, I have two things done:
1) The Micro$oft SQL to MySQL process documented and done.
2a) The ability to extract demographics from the outout from #1, and put into the OpenEMR database.
2b) To do that, I had to build a table called SOAPware_to_OpenEMR that contains various keys used in both, so future migration steps will be able work.

zhhealthcare wrote on Saturday, January 15, 2011:

Of course, there would be plenty of people interested in such migration tools.   If you are willing to make it available please do so.

Thanks

jenjhall wrote on Sunday, January 16, 2011:

I think such a set of scripts would do most of the work for me in migrating the data from Synitech to OpenEMR.  Does anyone know how divergent these two products have become in their up-to-date versions?  I know that Synitech’s website states it uses OpenEMR 2.0 but that doesn’t mean that they haven’t made modifications. Thanks - Jen

biller wrote on Tuesday, January 25, 2011:

leecrites,  wow that would be awesome.  I had a friend who is using Soapware 4.95 and doesn’t really want to stay with them.  He was wondering if that data could be transfered over. 

I am considering OpenEMR for our practice. We are using Soapware V 4.72. is there anyone who is willing to do migration. I have seen posts but they date back many years and no definite replies. Appreciate your help