Setting up a failover instance of OpenEMR 5.0.0 on Windows Server 2012 R2

Newer user here. I have a working, locally hosted installation of OpenEMR 5.0.0 on a system running Windows Server 2012 R2 that is in use at a clinic site. I used the XAMPP installation process. I have the first system backup daily to an onsite NAS and an offsite NAS, but I am trying to set up a second installation for failover in case of server hardware failure. Working towards this end, I have a second on-site system also running Windows Server 2012 R2 with both Server 1 and Server 2 in the same managed network domain.

What would be the best method for setting up a failover installation on the same internal network? Perhaps, I am misunderstanding, but in reading multi-site installation documentation (http://www.open-emr.org/wiki/index.php/OpenEMR_Multiple_Sites_Module), I am understanding this to be for multiple sites hosted on the same server. Is there a way to have a multiple-server setup?

I’m imagining I could set up a failover cluster structure, with the MYSQL database files stored on a central NAS, but is there any documentation for setting up OpenEMR with a network SQL database?

Alternatively I could create a copy of my initial installation of OpenEMR from Server 1 to Server 2 and then maintain an rsync on the database files, allowing for a ready-to-go failover instance, but not sure that is really the best approach.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Try this: