Setting CMS 1500 Margins

sourdoughpablo wrote on Monday, August 22, 2016:

In the billing manager (Fees/Billing) there is an option to set the margins for printing on the CMS 1500 form. The default is set at Left 24, Top 20.
On my printer, I get the best results with Left 22 Top 22, so I enter those numbers. But every time I return to the Billing Manager page, it resets these numbers to Left 24 Top 20. So every time I generate a new CMS 1500 PDF, I have to manually re-enter the correct margins for my printer. My secretary is going to forget to do this every time, and we’ll waste a lot of preprinted CMS-1500 forms.
Since I’m using the same printer every time, I’m wondering how to set the default margins to Left 22 Top 22. Is there a way to have the margin settings remembered, so when you re-open the page, it is set to the numbers you used last time you generated a PDF?

visolveemr wrote on Monday, August 22, 2016:

Hi Paul,

Which version of openemr you are using?

Thanks,
Visolve OpenEMR Support Team
Visolve

visolveemr wrote on Tuesday, August 23, 2016:

Hi Paul,

If you are using latest version (4.2.2) then please download attachment from this post, extract and replace with following locations,

• interface/billing/billing_report.php
  • library/globals.inc.php
  • sql/4_2_1-to-4_2_2_upgrade.sql

After replacing, please run sql_upgrade.php in browser for your openemr. That’s it. Now go to Administration -> Globals -> Pdf. In that screen, you can find two new fields named “cms 1500 left margin” and “cms 1500 top margin”. set your desired values here which will reflect in billing manager screen.

Thanks,
Visolve

bradymiller wrote on Tuesday, August 23, 2016:

Hi Visolve,

Is this in the codebase? If not, sounds like i might be a useful things to have in the codebase.

-brady
OpenEMR

visolveemr wrote on Tuesday, August 23, 2016:

Hi Brady,
This was not in codebase. We have commited in our codebase, please check and review on the same.

Commit Link: CMS 1500 margin changes · visolve-openemr/Openemr_features_enhancements@0f49cb5 · GitHub

Thanks,
ViSolve OpenEMR Support Team
ViSolve

sourdoughpablo wrote on Wednesday, August 24, 2016:

I’m using 4.2.2 and I’ll try this. How exactly do I “run sql_upgrade.php in browser for your openemr”?

Paul

visolveemr wrote on Wednesday, August 24, 2016:

Hello Paul,

If you are running your openemr at www.example.com/openemr then the sql_upgrade link will be www.example.com/openemr/sql_upgrade.php. Or if you are having your openemr in your local and accessing it like localhost/openemr then the sql_upgrade.php link will be localhost/openemr/sql_upgrade.php.

Thanks,
Visolve

sourdoughpablo wrote on Wednesday, August 24, 2016:

Thanks!

Paul

sourdoughpablo wrote on Thursday, August 25, 2016:

Works! Thanks again . . .

Paul

visolveemr wrote on Thursday, August 25, 2016:

Great Paul. Cheers !!!

Thanks,
Visolve

I’ve had to create a new install to upgrade to v 5.0.0

I wonder if Visolve could be so kind as to provide me with the tools to produce this same functionality in the Gobal PDF settings in v 5.0.0?

Whoa. Looks like this feature is included in 5.0.0, but it is included in Globals/Features, rather than in Globals/PDF. I’ll try it out before asking for more help on this one.