Root password not installed in mysql

I was installing the dependencies for mysql, mariadb and apache2. I went into command mode for mysql and ran the command — update user set plugin=’’ where User=‘root’; — and I set plugin=‘mypassword’. After I quit the command line, the computer told me that ‘mypassword’ was not installed, and it won’t let me back into command mode. It keeps saying that ‘mypassword’ is not installed. Any suggestions? I could just reload ubuntu and try again.

Can you provide link where this project requires you to install such a strange plugin?

In any case google shows this match.

Best luck.

https://www.open-emr.org/wiki/index.php/OpenEMR_System_Architecture right out of open-emr wiki
I also followed the directions on the website digitalocean and I still could not install my root password. This is quite frustrating.

Not sure if you plan to use mysql or mariadb. In any case the wiki steps related to any plugin appear to be specific for mariadb and asking you to reset plugin before running mariadb’s shell script. Can’t say much about instructions on other site.

Best.