Root Credential error when installing through Docker

Hello
I’m trying to install OpenEMR v6.1.0 official image through Docker and ran in to a issue.
on step 2 I enter all info for MariaDB root that I already installed and running on the same machine, but I get: Connecting to MySQL Server… ERROR. Check your login credentials. unable to connect to database as root.
I tried using localhos and ip address with correct port and 100% sure that root credentials are correct for that server but still same error. question: is there it’s own database running on this docker image and installation script is trying to connect to that database? if so is there a default root credentials? any suggestions? thanks

Hi @George_Zera, please see this example docker compose .

1 Like

Hi Stephen
Thanks for link, but still against same error using suggestions from that page.
so please correct me if I’m wrong
on step 1 should I choose: Have setup create the database or I have already created the database?
I went with Have setup create the database and entered Server Host: localhost, Server Port:3306, Database Name:openemr, Login Name: openemr, Password:openemr, Name for Root Account: root pass: root, User Hostname: mysql,
what am I doing wrong?

that docker-compose.yml example above does an auto-setup, here’s the settings for adding another site:

I can’t figure out how to use that auto setup thing. I’m new to Docker environment and new to openemr itself too. would you please help me out with that? thanks

copy the text into a docker-compose.yml file or use the attached
docker-compose.yml (1005 Bytes)
then run
docker-compose up -d and give it 5 mins to build, then you can login at localhost with admin pass

Hello @George_Zera

I would love to assist you.

PM sent

BR

Trish

Hello @Trishhhh @stephenwaite
thanks for taking time to help me out, but I’m kind of lost, so do I run that docker-compose.yml inside the container terminal? or how is it going to work? if this file so important for installing openemr why isn’t it included in docker image? as I mentioned I’m new to docker environment and would need more detailed guide if you can please.
so my Docker is running on synology storage server DS1813+ if that makes any sense. thanks

hi @George_Zera, yes, from a terminal. The dockers are meant to be modular and that’s where these compose files come in to tie them together with other dockers and data storage.

@stephenwaite @George_Zera

I would like to get going with an installation of OpenEMR on a Synology NAS as well, similar to you.
I am happy to write up a small wiki for the community (I believe installation should be quite straight forward on Synology). Howverver, at the moment I get stuck here, similar to you: Synology OpenEMR Installation "stuck" at Step 3 - : unable to connect to database as root - #3 by PeteBoyd

Can anybody assist who has successsfully installed on a Synology NAS (DSM 7 with Docker)?

if you grabbed openemr via docker have you tried using a docker-compose.yml to install?

Thank you.
Sorry, I probably did not sufficiently understand what I need to do, but I might get there with some help:
So, if I understand correctly, as per your post here Root Credential error when installing through Docker - #6 by stephenwaite, I use the attached docker-compose.yml and then run docker-compose up -d .

Questions:
Where exactly do I need to place (which folder?) the docker-compose.yml, @George_Zera can you give me a hint, sorry, I have not used docker before?

Also, how do I need to adjust the docker-compose.yml for a standard Synology installation? Do I need to change environment variables (i.e. MYSQL_ROOT_PASS: root, MYSQL_USER: openemr, MYSQL_PASS: openemr, OE_USER: admin,OE_PASS: pass, or do I leave everything in the file as it stands? - THank you!

docker-compose.yml
# Use admin/pass as user/password credentials to login to openemr (from OE_USER and OE_PASS below)
# MYSQL_HOST and MYSQL_ROOT_PASS are required for openemr
# MYSQL_USER, MYSQL_PASS, OE_USER, MYSQL_PASS are optional for openemr and
# if not provided, then default to openemr, openemr, admin, and pass respectively.
version: ‘3.1’
services:

• mysql:*
  • restart: always*
  • image: mariadb:10.5*
  • command: [‘mysqld’,’–character-set-server=utf8mb4’]*
  • volumes:*
    • databasevolume:/var/lib/mysql*
  • environment:*
  •  MYSQL_ROOT_PASSWORD: root*

• openemr:*
  • restart: always*
  • image: openemr/openemr:6.1.0*
  • ports:*
    • 80:80*
    • 443:443*
  • volumes:*
    • logvolume01:/var/log*
    • sitevolume:/var/www/localhost/htdocs/openemr/sites*
  • environment:*
  •  MYSQL_HOST: mysql*

•  MYSQL_ROOT_PASS: root*

•  MYSQL_USER: openemr*

•  MYSQL_PASS: openemr*

•  OE_USER: admin*

•  OE_PASS: pass*

• depends_on:*
    • mysql*
      volumes:
  • logvolume01: {}*
  • sitevolume: {}*
  • databasevolume: {}*

Much appreciated, thank you.
But my skills are quite basic, sorry. So I cannot conclude from the link you supplied:
Questions:
Where exactly do I need to place (which folder?) the docker-compose.yml?

Also, how do I need to adjust the docker-compose.yml for a standard Synology installation? Do I need to change environment variables (i.e. MYSQL_ROOT_PASS: root, MYSQL_USER: openemr, MYSQL_PASS: openemr, OE_USER: admin,OE_PASS: pass, or do I leave everything in the file as it stands?

• THank you!

not familiar with NAS but try launching it where ever you’d like :slight_smile:

@stephenwaite
Thanks for all the help. I gave up on docker, it was too frustrating & time consuming, and just created a virtual machine (Ubuntu). Now everything works fine.

THank you very much anyways for all the responses.