Revenue cycle management

ptalerico wrote on Monday, October 31, 2016:

While implementing OpenEMR and Office Ally to handle billing for my practice, and being relatively new to medical billing in general, I’ve searched the forums and come up dry with one segment of the billing process: accounting.
I understand that OpenEMR generates claims via X12 files, which are then uploaded to Office Ally. Then OA processes the claims and returns ERA-835 files, which are uploaded to OEMR.
What I can’t find is how to track accounts receivable, AR aging, etc. I recognize OEMR is an EMR first and has billing functionality, but is not expected to be a comprehensive practice management package.
So, what are those of you doing in-house billing using for the accounting piece of the pie, and how are you integrating it with OEMR and your clearinghouse?

teryhill wrote on Monday, October 31, 2016:

Paul, ar aging is handled thru the collections report. This report is on the reports menu then under financial. You can set your ageing buckets and get the items you wish to see. The statemsnts are printed from the EOB screen (in your version) make sure if you are just printing a statement to print ir that you check the “Without Update” box

Hope this Helps

Terry