Restrict a Doctor to see specific patients records only

mahenpandu wrote on Friday, March 06, 2015:

I would like to know if there is a way to restrict a Doctor to view and edit the specific patients records. This is very helpful to maintain the patient records privacy with in same clinic. For example, Physician1 should see Patient1 and Patient2 records. Physician2 should see Patient3 records. So, Physician2 should not have rights to see Patient1 and Patient2’s records. Similarly Physician1 should not have rights to see Patient3’s records.

visolveemr wrote on Monday, March 09, 2015:

Hello Mahendran

At present in OpenEMR, there is no functionality to restrict the user access control based on individual patients. Only the general fine tuning of access rights is possible - which can be seen under “Administration->ACL” screen. For your requirement customization work will be needed.

Thanks
OpenEMR Customization/Support Team,
ViSolve Inc
services@visolve.com | Phone: 408-850-2243
Demo’s @ ViSolve Demo Library

I ordered a modified file that will restrict users to see only patients of a certain Health Insurance Company. This is because we want to allow companies to check on their patients, while excluding the others. Ask me about a demo.

I created a special file that restricts patients to certain users, based on the assigned Insurance company. The insurers wanted to see their patients in the system and demanded this kind of restricted access. Ask me about a demo and more details.