Restore failure

I am trying to restore my “backup” file onto my “sandbox” machine before i try it on my real EMR. I deleted the openemr file. I then ran “restore”. When the program got to the “I will restore the OpenEMR database backup” message, I got the following error

Dropping old OpenEMR database if it exists …
Restoring OpenEMR database …
mysql: [Warning] Using a password on the command line interface can be insecure.
ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user ‘root’@‘localhost’ (using password: YES)
Error creating MySQL database with ‘CREATE DATABASE openemr CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci’

I tried to re-install openemr and this was not possible either. Now, I have no openemr file and no program in my “sandbox”. Could it be that I have the wrong password?
I also seem to be missing my php file.
Any suggestions?

Robert Rovner, MD
Any suggestions? The emr_backup.tar file is from my workplace.

@docrovner

1. we need to know which OS are you using.
  2. How did you create the backup
  3. Is this a cloud installation or a local machine
  4. which version of the program are you using
  5. which PHP, MYSQL are you using
  6. Can you post screenshots?

Thanks!

Whooops! I guess I thought you could read my mind. I am working on Ubuntu 16.04 and open-emr 5.0.0.0. The installation is on my “sandbox” machine, which is the computer that I am using. There are no peripheral users. As far as which php and mysql, I don’t really know. It is the one provided with the 5.0.0.0 release. The backup was created from the Administrator --> backup tab at my medical office, where I run open-emr on Ubuntu 17.

Thanks for any help.

Robert Rovner

so is there anything to be done to restore my database?

hi @docrovner it looks like you have the wrong password

you could dbl check the password by trying to log on as mysql root with mysql -u root -ppassword from the command line