Request - Wireless Patient Monitoring Module

loracyi wrote on Friday, January 21, 2011:

Hi everyone, my name is Carol Lee and my teammates and I are currently working on a school project - ReFlex Wireless -  that focuses on wireless patient monitoring. After experiencing your impressive demo, we immediately realize that OpenEMR is an ideal software to interact with newly-defined fields. I understand that some physicians produce modules that suit their specific need and we would love to do the same. Please tell us how to proceed to have the permission to create a OpenEMR compatible sub-module that streams and stores real-time vital sign data to physicians, and we are open to any comment and suggestion to be beneficial to everyone. Thank you.

tmccormi wrote on Friday, January 21, 2011:

That sound like a fun project. 

The best thing to do is download the developers virtual appliance from the website and use that to learn the system.  That version is the very most current stuff, updated daily (almost).

You will need a sourceforge.net login so you can post bugs.  Let me know what your ID and I can add you to the project when you feel ready to tackle it.  At first you are going to want to post your questions on the HELP forum until you figure out what is a bug and what is a feature :slight_smile:

www.oemr.org and www.openmedsoftware.org (wiki)

When you start coding you will need a github.com or gitorius,com account to post your code for review.

loracyi wrote on Friday, January 21, 2011:

Thank you very much Tony! We appreciate your warm welcome to us noobies~
I will send you, Rod, and Brady an email soon  to briefly explain what our project is about.
We really wish to get this going and let’s keep in touch!