Remore databse connection problem

tpalmieri wrote on Sunday, November 20, 2011:

Operating System: Ubuntu 11.10
EMR Version: 4.1.0

tpalmieri wrote on Sunday, November 20, 2011:

I am trying to install OpenEMR with a connection to a remote database.  I can login into and create databases/users etc. from the command line.

When I configure the setup page with the database server host address(IP) for the Server Host (line 1) and the webs erver host address (IP) for the User Hostname and runt the setup page (http://<site address>/openemr/setup.php) the database and user is created, but when the setup page tries to reconnecting as the new user the setup fails with the following error:

OpenEMR Setup

Step 3

Configuring OpenEMR…

Connecting to MySQL Server… OK.
Creating site directory…OK.
Creating database… OK.
Creating user with permissions for database… OK.
Reconnecting as new user… ERROR. Check your login credentials. unable to connect to database as user: ‘openemr’

Can anyone help?

yehster wrote on Monday, November 21, 2011:

I had some problems with this too, so rather than have the OpenEMR setup script create the database. (Just the empty shell and user without any tables.)  I created an empty database and user and used the “I have already created a database” option during setup.
-Kevin Yeh

tpalmieri wrote on Monday, November 21, 2011:

I did finally get OpenEMR to connect to the database, and go through the install program , and I can even logon!

But when I return to OpenEMR it starts running the setup page again.  I’ve tried this on both a single server, and connecting to a remote database, and get the same results.

Any ideas?

leesedol wrote on Wednesday, February 01, 2017:

I encounter the same issue. I have not investigate much, I kind of get around the bug by using my root user instead of a new DB user.