Regarding error on the Settings page

saurabh261187 wrote on Tuesday, March 07, 2017:

I am getting the following error on the settings page. What may be the possible solution for the same ?

ERROR: query failed: SELECT * FROM lang_definitions JOIN lang_constants ON lang_definitions.cons_id = lang_constants.cons_id WHERE lang_id=? AND constant_name = ? LIMIT 1

Error: Illegal mix of collations (latin1_bin,IMPLICIT) and (utf8_general_ci,COERCIBLE) for operation ‘=’

/home/nextechinc/domains/repository.in/public_html/library/translation.inc.php at 36:sqlStatementNoLog
/home/nextechinc/domains/repository.in/public_html/library/globals.inc.php at 2732:xl(Māori)
/home/nextechinc/domains/repository.in/public_html/interface/super/edit_globals.php at 32:require_once(/home/nextechinc/domains/repository.in/public_html/library/globals.inc.php)

visolveemr wrote on Tuesday, March 07, 2017:

Hi Saurabh ,

Please refer the following link :
https://sourceforge.net/p/openemr/discussion/202505/thread/d440db8c/?limit=25&page=1#c72a

and let us know if you have any concerns.

Visolve

bradymiller wrote on Tuesday, March 07, 2017:

Hi,

This bug seems to be coming up a lot. In the codebase, maybe we should remove the utf8 characters from the pdf settings label array? thoughts?

-brady
OpenEMR

sunsetsystems wrote on Tuesday, March 07, 2017:

Not sure I understand why those characters cause the “Illegal mix of collations” error?

bradymiller wrote on Monday, March 13, 2017:

Hi,

I don’t fully understand it, but characters that can not be represented with latin encoding appear to be unmasking issues when there are hybrid utf8/latin and full latin databases. Here’s a minor fix to prevent this issue in the future:

thoughts?

-brady
OpenEMR