Reducing clicks in Fee Sheet

When I am completing charges in Accounting → Fee Sheet, at the very bottom under Select Providers, I have to click on Supervising and select my supervision physician.

This is two extra clicks that I have to perform with every patient. It there a way to make this an autofilled box therefore reducing the workload?

Who would be picked as default supervisor?
Not sure this is easily done but, i’m always up for making user life easier.

I, as a nurse practitioner have to have a delegating (supervising) physician to practice with.

I have him listed as a User in my Openemr. When I complete my Fee Sheet I have to select him as my Supervising Provider. Thus the two extra clicks.

Nope I get why it is wanted. We’d probably have to put an option in User to select a default supervisor much like we do for default facility. Even then the rendering provider would have to be the user used to select supervisor in feesheet.
By default, the rendering provider can be the logged in user or the encounter provider depending on option from Globals.

This most likely would need to be a feature request for v5.0.3.

1 Like

The logged in User can be selected by default as supervisor, I think most people would want this doe now.

Hello @Mercy_Udele

I know this is a 4 yrs old thread discussing OpenEMR 5 but I’d like to respond to your recent comment. It seems that in the time since the original thread was started this issue has been addressed.

The logged in user’s Superviser may be set in their user profile using the ‘Supervisor’ dropdown. Here, provider Billy Smith has been given Donna Lee as Supervisor.
SR01

That Supervisor dropdown is populated with all the users who have ‘Provider’ checkbox selected in their user profile. Co-incidentally, Billy is also a provider as indicated by the line of checkboxes near the top of that same image.

Selecting a provider as a user’s Supervisor will make that provider be automatically displayed as the supervisor (oval below) when the user as ‘Rendering Provider’ opens a fee sheet:
SR02

Apologies if I’m re-stating the obvious, but maybe it will be useful for some.
Best- Harley

3 Likes

Thank you so much for this comment. I actually never paid attention to this Supervisor field and where it pops up when used. I actually needed this. I appreciate your help!

Hi @Mercy_Udele -
Yes, that was fortunate-- I had never paid that field much attention before either.
Your question made me think to see what it did, and Yuppers, it was what we were looking for!
Always happy to help.
Best- Harley

1 Like