Redis Connection Failed

Hi all,

I have installed OpenEMR 5.01 successfully after downloading it 2 days ago. However, it is not working on PHP 7.0 (gives blank screen) but runs perfectly on php 5.6.

A number of weeks ago, I installed and have running OpenEMR 5.00 separately and this works perfectly on php 7.0.

I would prefer to use PHP 7.0 for OpenEMR 5.01 also.

Can you please advise if there is something which has been overlooked?

Thank you
John

Hi all,

I have experienced this same issue on another site also.

Basically, openemr 5.01 does not run when on php 7 and only runs on php 5.6.

Openemr 5.00 runs on php 7 perfectly.

Has anybody experienced this and/or know of a solution?

I would like to run openemr on php7 from the beginning.

Also if there is no immediate solution, will there be any data loss if the site is moved to php7 at later stage?

Thank you

John

hi @mackenj, it should work fine. Have you checked your error log? You might be missing a dependency, https://www.open-emr.org/wiki/index.php/OpenEMR_System_Architecture#OpenEMR_Dependencies

Hi @stephenwaite
thanks for the message and support, I am not seeing any error message on the host side.

Is there an openemr error log that I can access if I have a blank screen?

Thank you
John

hi @mackenj, no it should be in the php error log.

@mackenj
@stephenwaite

This is probably related to my problem:

"Missing file: drivers/adodb-mysql_log.inc.php
ADONewConnection: Unable to load database driver ‘’

post on adodb driver error

Sandra

@mackenj
new fix available, try it.

Hi @brady.miller @gutiersa

Thanks for the updates. I tried the blind test file. I replaced the old file with the new updated version but it still did not help get openemr 5.01 to run on php 7 for me.

To sum up,
I am loading openemr on a generic host.
Openemr 5.00 runs perfectly on the site on php 7.
Openemr 5.01 does not run on php 7 on the same site but does run if php is changed to php 5.6.

I am not seeing any php errors but I am still looking into it.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

John

Debug using your logs. Mainly the Apache log
Also, I know you get a white screen, but What happens in the address bar??

when you enter you address, does it automatically re-writes it to: "domain.name/?site=default "?

Openemr is definitely compatible with php72

does domain.name/admin.php work?

What about domain.name/setup.php ?

Have you tried domain.name/interface/login/login.php?site=default ?

Do all these links give you a white page?

Sandra

Hi @gutiersa

Thanks for the reply.

When I type in the address it redirects to
Domain.name/interface/login/login.php?site=default
But displays a white screen.

The domain.name/setup.php and domain.name/admin.php seems to work fine.

I am still unable to see anything in the error log but if this gives you any insight please let me know.

Kind regards
John

Hello @stephenwaite @gutiersa @brady.miller

Thank you for your support so far.
If you can provide additional support, I would appreciate it.

The error message is as follows. (with webspace and domain name removed)

Please advise if you know of a solution.

Kind regards,
John

Warning: Redis::connect(): connect() failed: Connection refused in /var/www/XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX/vendor/doctrine/orm/lib/Doctrine/ORM/Tools/Setup.php on line 138

Fatal error: Uncaught RedisException: Redis server went away in /var/www/XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX/vendor/doctrine/cache/lib/Doctrine/Common/Cache/RedisCache.php:47 Stack trace: #0 /var/www/XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX/emr/vendor/doctrine/cache/lib/Doctrine/Common/Cache/RedisCache.php(47): Redis->setOption(1, 1) #1 /var/www/XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX/vendor/doctrine/orm/lib/Doctrine/ORM/Tools/Setup.php(140): Doctrine\Common\Cache\RedisCache->setRedis(Object(Redis)) #2 /var/www/XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX/vendor/doctrine/orm/lib/Doctrine/ORM/Tools/Setup.php(71): Doctrine\ORM\Tools\Setup::createConfiguration(false, ‘/tmp’, Object(Doctrine\Common\Cache\RedisCache)) #3 /var/www/XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX/common/database/Connector.php(154): Doctrine\ORM\Tools\Setup::createAnnotationMetadataConfiguration(Array, false, NULL, NULL, false) #4 /var/www/XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX/httpdocs/m in /var/www/xx/1xxxxxxxx/webspace/httpdocs/domain.name/openemr/vendor/doctrine/cache/lib/Doctrine/Common/Cache/RedisCache.php on line 47

What does “/var/www/xx/1xxxxxxxx/webspace/httpdocs/domain.name/openemr/vendor/doctrine/cache/lib/Doctrine/Common/Cache/RedisCache.php” line 47 say?

Hi Sandra

This is the line of code starting on line 47
any suggestions?

$redis->setOption(Redis::OPT_SERIALIZER, $this->getSerializerValue());
    $this->redis = $redis;
}

This line is $redis->connect(‘IP address’);

I am not sure why the ip address might be causing an issue

just to clarify line 138 is $redis->connect(127.0.0.1)…again I don’t see why there is an issue with that.

all help appreciated, thanks again @gutiersa

Are you in the mood to modify code?

try this in line 48:

print_r ($redis, \n, $this);

and run the program. See if you get an output to the screen.

Hi Sandra,

Thanks for the code suggestion. Unfortunately, I am still redirected to a white screen ( interface/login/login.php?site=default)

This is the modified code.

{
$redis->setOption(Redis::OPT_SERIALIZER, $this->getSerializerValue());
print_r ($redis, \n, $this);
}

Please let me know if this is what you had in mind and whether you have something else we could try.

Thanks
John

Hello @gutiersa @brady.miller @robert.down @alexvolin

It looks as if these two conversations are connected. Was anybody able to find a solution to your problem Alex?

Thanks in advance,

John

connected with this one!

Hi all,

I have just had a chat with the server technicians who have stated that Redis is not supported on the server.

They suggested that Redis was “on already” or “triggered” by the installation and suggested turning it off in order to make it work.

Please let me know your thoughts and insight.

Thanks

John