Recall Board: unable to create new recalls

I recently upgraded from 5.0.1 to 5.0.2.
I was able to create a new recall a single time, but now I am unable to create any new recalls at all.
I am not particularly technical, but I was able to determine a few things:

1. When I create a new recall, I can look into the database via phpmyadmin and I see that the new data row for the recall is created. I can also go into the logs through the Administration>Other>Logs menu and see the that the insertion of the recall did take place.
  2. When I view the recall board the newly created recall does not display. If I change the filter dates to make sure I am viewing the span of time over which the recall should display, it still does not show on the recall board.
  3. I discovered that the moment that I change the filter dates on the recall board in order to see if the newly created recall is present, the data for that recall is deleted. I have confirmed this by checking the database via phpmyadmin immediately after filtering the dates in the recall board: right after I filter the dates to display a different date range, the data row for the newly created recall disappears in phpmyadmin. Additionally, if I check the Administration>Other>Logs immediately after filtering the dates, I find an entry “other-delete” with the same “r_pid” as the newly created recall, which indicates to me that it is being deleted when I filter the dates on the recall board.

I am attaching a picture of the Aministration>Other>Logs that shows this sequence of events. In the attached picture I have created a new recall at 16:19, I then logged out of OpenEMR, logged back in and checked the logs to confirm that the new recall was created. I then went to the recall board and filtered the dates to see if the newly created recall would display (it did not), and then I went back to the logs to find the “other-delete” entry at 16:20.

I have no idea what is going on, but I find the functionality of the recall board to be indispensible and would like to find a solution if anyone can help.

OpenEMR Version
I’m using OpenEMR version 5.0.2

Browser:
I’m using: Chromium (but have also tried this in a current version of Firefox)

Operating System
I’m using: I have tried this on Debian 9, Ubuntu 18, and KDE neon 5.17.

Logs
I have attached a picture of the Administration>Other>Logs that I think is pertinent. If there is any other information that would help uncover the source of the problem I will add it.

Try replacing PID with pid in line 168 of interface/main/messages/save.php
That is a bug and it may be the source of your problem.

1 Like

That appears to have solved the problem.
Thank you very much.

Tried that fix suggested above but not working. Filling out recall properly but not showing up on dashboard. 7(1) on Windows 2022 AWS server. No customizations to recall, messages code. Nothing in php error logs. Please assist. thanks

See Reported issue fix Recall Board view details not displaying. by sjpadgett · Pull Request #5862 · openemr/openemr · GitHub

Will try for next patch and master. @Jit_Chawla test and see if additional issues are coming up while I have this feature in my prevue at the moment!
That’d be 1.99 please!:slight_smile:

Have these changes in my client’s server but Recall Board is not pulling up at all and I did check not disabled on the Globals.

This works and tested on windows and https://three.openemr.io/c/openemr/index.php
Try clearing browser cache. Or patch didn’t install correctly.

cleared cache and checked patch install correct

Still having issues. On master branch, code up to date. Verified nothing in medex_outgoing or medex_recalls before testing

1. Main menu, select Recalls
  2. Empty Recall Board Displayed
  3. Add New Recall
  4. Set reminder for tomorrow
  5. Save.
  6. medex_recalls contains the recall, medex_recalls.r_created is NULL
    6.1 Recall tab does not return to board, instead throws WSOD
    6.2 No errors in error.log
  7. Reload Recalls tab, board loads, entry not displayed
  8. Reload Demographics tab, Recall card loads, entry is displayed.