Realistic Test Data Generation

Goal

Using GitHub - openemr/demo-data-generator: Generate fictional demo data for testing of OpenEMR, supply realistic test data into OpenEMR with 100% record/encounter coverage.

Resources:

Notes

How to fetch NAMCS data

SELECT *
     FROM patient pat 
LEFT JOIN diagnosis dia     ON pat.patientid   = dia.patientid
LEFT JOIN encounter enc     ON pat.patientid   = enc.patientid
LEFT JOIN prescription pre  ON pat.patientid   = pre.patientid
LEFT JOIN labresult lab     ON pat.patientid   = lab.patientid
LEFT JOIN measurement mea   ON enc.encounterid = mea.encounterid
    WHERE pat.patientid = ?;

Team

1 Like

the n=100 will depend on what kind of information do we need. analysis
purposes?

Hi @andremillet. I just picked the number 100 “out of thin air”. It could be 80 or 50, for instance.

The point is we need n really good sample records for realistic patients. This will be mostly useful in the classroom (OpenEMR as a teaching tool in med school, for instance). However, John and Jason can use it in the Analysis project.

So you know, I’m not asking you to come up with all of these records with notes, encounters, document, etc. We need to first see if NAMCS will meet our needs (and I’m on the fence because of some very important data points that are missing such as clinical notes). If not, it will be helpful that have you generate whatever amount of unique patients and records you are comfortable with. (Think about your career in medicine so far, I’m sure there are patients that have similar histories and patterns that you could model).

that’s the point. we need a significant sample. We already functioning OpenEMR instances, so why not gather the numbers from there? REAL numbers?

how do I summon John to this discussion ?
Kuchiyose_no_Jutsu_(Hiruzen_Sarutobi)

@MatthewVita @sjpadgett

I know this is an old post but has anyone looked at this work by this work by Crucible to load test data using FIHR?
https://projectcrucible.org/testdata

If there’s a FIHR server they can load synthetic patient data. It looks like they piggyback on top of this project: GitHub - synthetichealth/synthea: Synthetic Patient Population Simulator

I’m resurrecting the thread as I’ve been looking at how to create test data for the OpenEMR as part of the testing framework.

1 Like

Apparently I missed a post in the forum where this was already discussed: OpenEMR and FHIR My apologies.

1 Like

Hello, I am trying to work on this project and need some assistance with the "demodata ". I went through the README.md but I can’t find the commands anywhere , however when I typed in “demodata patients” then it gave me some output and the same goes with facilities. Are those the commands?
Moreover, under the Usage section: demodata COMMAND can anyone tell me how to use this? as in what to write for the global options and options? There isn’t much in the README.md about it either.

Really appreciate any help :slight_smile:

checkout the CONTRIBUTING.md file for how to use the easy dev docker and load up demo data and checkout the use of synthea to create and add random patient data.

1 Like

Hey, I have been working on your project and also made a contribution where it will create a file.sql to publish the data on the OpenEMR patient data when you run that file on the database.

Please guide me to publish my code so that it can be used by others and can make life easier for anyone who wants to use your original code.

Thank you.

Hey, I have made a few enhancements to this project. Can you guide me on how to publish my contribution?

Sure, have you tried following the steps in the CONTRIBUTING guide?

Is this still available to contribute or has @ikartikey finished this task?

Thanks