Question on Load Lab Compendium screen

I’m looking at the “Load Lab Compendium” screen and I see a Vendor dropdown. First thing i notice is that the values in this drop down are not selectable.
Why is that? Feels like I’m missing a crucial piece of information. In the code I see the list of hard coded npi’s and names. Obviously I’m missing something, if anybody could give a run down on this or point me to a wiki that talks about the compendium I’d sure appreciate it.

Can you post a screenshot?
That would help. How did you get the vendors in the drop-down?

If I’m not mistaken the pic below is a screenshot of the vendors @brad was asking about, which I took from the OpenEMR 7.0.1 public demo.

In an EMR with the labs configured the vendors appear in that dropdown because the name is entered when a lab’s compendium is loaded, and you obtain a compendium by subscribing to the lab service. My belief is that the names are not selectable simply because they’re set as a sample default display of the text area/ dropdown, in the place of a real vendor’s name.

Labs are managed in OpenEMR as part of the Procedures feature, with which a provider can order any procedure from any external provider, be it labs, x-rays, or whatever. The OpenEMR wiki has a few docs about configuring procedures, maybe the most useful would be
https://www.open-emr.org/wiki/index.php/Procedures_Module_Configuration_for_Manual_Result_Entry

especially since it contains the note:
" Load Compendium
If the user partners with Diagnostic Pathology Medical Group, Pathgroup Labs LLC or Yosemite Pathology Medical Group, he can obtain from them a data set of diagnostic studies for the Procedure module to avoid manual configuration."

Here’s the pic; hope this helps.

• HT

1 Like

I was digging in the code and later found that too. it didn’t make a lot of since in a UI component until I dug in.

Brad, let’s schedule a call and perhaps I can give you some insight. It’s just too involved for the form.

For those of you in the future that find this thread, let me share with you what I have discovered about this load compendium. First of all, it is not for any lab. It is written for the specific labs in the drop down. In order to use this, you will have to write custom code to import whatever compendium you are trying to import. The documentation for the load compendium is located inside the interface/orders/load_compendium.php file. When you read it, you will find most of the instructions needed to build out your own load compendium. Get your favorite drink, this will take a while.
The import from the Mayo Loinc still works if you add two columns to the csv file.