Provider Not Available for creating pt appointment

Situation
Global Settings specifies Calendar Starting Hour at 7am and Ending Hour as 8pm, with 15 min Intervals.

I have three (3) users: 1 Admin, 1 Front Office, and 1 Provider.

Provider’s In Office hours are set at 9am, no (0 min) duration, Repeating every workday, until end of current month.

Provider’s Out Of Office hours are set at 3pm, no (0 min) duration, Repeating every workday, until end of current month.

That creates a nice block from 9am to 3pm available for appointments.

If I want to add an appointment, I will pick on a specific day and in a Patient tab I will pick appropriate category, day, time, duration, search and pick a patient, and verify availability (which shows a whole bunch of available slots for next 7 days).

Upon clicking Save button, a message window is shown:

domain (here my domain name) says
Provider not available, use it anyway?
[OK] [Cancel]

If I select OK than the appointment is force created.

If I select Cancel than I am put back at the appointment setup window, where I can change days or times, but upon selecting OK nothing will happen (so the message window will not be shown again but also the appointment will not be saved as well)

So my main concern is the issue of the message window telling me that the provider is not available (and of course not letting me set the appointment unless I choose to force the use of the day/time slot)

OpenEMR Version
I’m using OpenEMR version v5.0.1 (6)

Browser:
I’m using: Chrome v73.0.3683.103

Operating System
I’m using: Win 7 & 10 on the end user hosts. Ubuntu on the server.

Logs
Did you check the logs? Was there anything pertinent in them? Paste them here (surround with three backticks (```) for readability

thanks for the bug report @jerry , opened new issue, it looks like there is a problem in the code

Same thing is happening to me, same openemr version and browser

you can grab @brady.miller’s fix here or mine which might be easier to cut and paste :slight_smile:

edit: nope brady’s section is easier :slight_smile:

I also run OpenEMR Version Number: v5.0.0 (8) and the fix does not seem to work

Mail](https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986) for Windows 10

This is what I get when I click Save

This transparent windows I been getting since day one of the installation when I click Save on Medical Issues

Mail](https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986) for Windows 10

We’re getting the “Provider Not Available” notice when we create appointments in 5.0.2-2 as well.
Anything new on this? It appears Brady’s fix made it in at some point but now, we’re back to square one.

Hi all,

It is not clear to me if this issue is fixed or not. However, I am trying to set provider availability (in office hours) on clean install of version 6.0.0 (with patch 2), and it doesn’t seem to work. I did set up first the correct local date format (DD-MM-YYYY), but any change that I do regarding the provider availability (either “In Office” or “Out Of Office”) it doesn’t seem to be saved.
Out of curiosity I did try to do this setting on the demo version at (https://eight.openemr.io/c/openemr/index.php) and I get the same result.

I am wandering what I am doing wrong when trying to set up provider availability. If anyone can help, I would appreciate it very much.

Thank you,
Otilia

Hi @O_Kocsis -
I can’t tell from your description what steps you’re following for your attempt to configure your calendar. However, I do have a guess about what may have happened to you.

If you don’t specify the duration of the provider’s In/ Out Office calendar settings (or any others) they will apply only to the day displayed on the calendar when you set the hours.
If you set In/ Out on one day then try to make an appointment on another day, that day will not have the In/ Out hours saved, and the provider will not be available.

One may specify the days that will have the desired In/ Out hours in 1 one of 2 ways. See the grey section in the image below.

1. Select ‘Repeats’ then select the days that the In/ Out hours apply to.
    It can be ‘every weekday’, as in the image below, which will assume a 5 day work week beginning on the day specified in Administration/ Globals/ Calendar, the ‘First day in the week’ item.
  2. It can apply only to certain days of the week: select the ‘Days Of Week’ checkbox and select the days (mostly obscured in the image below)
  • In any case you must set an ‘until date’ (oval in image), which limits the number of days into the future that the hours are applied to. Best practices suggest it be limited to a year or so, to minimize server processing effort.

If this doesn’t answer your question please provide a description and pictures of what your workflow is so forum members can take a look at it.

Best- Harley

1 Like

Hi Harley,

Thank you so much for the detailed answer! I was setting the repeats, but then omitted the “until date” which made the difference!
Solved now!

best wishes,
Otilia