Project - Modernize Styling and User Interface

Hi @brady.miller, I hope you will be fine.

I am Muhammad Yasir, second last year in Computer Science in COMSATS University Sahiwal. I am interested in working with you on this project. The reason why I am proposing for this project because of my experience in web development. I possess experience of 5-6 years in web development and designing (specially) I started Freelancing on Fiverr since 2015 and made 150-200 websites during this time. I am also batch topper and nominated for gold medal. My all time instructor is Mosh Hamedani I learned also 15+ technologies and languages from him including React, Angular, Nodejs, ASP.net framework, C# and JavaScript. Moreover I have certificate of Front-End Web UI Frameworks and Tools: Bootstrap 4 from The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology. Now I have enough experience to deal Frontend Development in professional way like professionals do. I will take care of all Frontend responsibility. Due to my experience and excellence of work. I have been appointed as an IT manager in Wexteg (Mexican based company) and Google also made the DSC leader (powered by Google Developers) of my university. In summer, and due to current situation of quarantine, I am all time available for work.

With due all respect, I want to apply in this project. Here my profile on LinkedIn and I am attaching some of my current websites that I did for my customers and recent work purely based on Bootstrap 4. There are big companies and they trusted on me for their website development. (I have attached document for links.)

I am hopping to get a review on my profile for this project.

Thank you very very much.

Hello @brady.miller ,

my name is Nikos Kyriakoulis. I am studying Electrical and Computer Engineering, specializing in Software Development, currently in my final year, in the University of Patras, Greece. I am also the Leader of the IT Team in EESTEC , contributing volunteeringly to improving the Associationā€™s IT infrastructure.
I am highly interested in contributing to this particular project, because I believe it fits both my skills and my interests. I am currently working on my thesis, creating an electronic prescription system, using php, Bootstrap 4 and JavaScript.
As you can see, I am involved in the technology stack that OpenEMR app uses as well as interested in developing/contributing to health-related projects that benefit our everyday life and making people work more efficiently.
I have already installed the app locally, tried to get familiar with the code and contribute with some simple UI related tasks, by making some pull requests.
I have many ideas that could improve the user experience and I have already started spotting bugs or ā€œinconsistentā€ styling from page to page. I have also read your proposed basic axes for this project and I strongly agree that there are steps that need to be taken in order to improve code readability and maintanability, as well as the user interface itself.
I am looking forward to getting my application reviewed and hopefully to contributing to this GSOC Project!

1 Like

hi @Muhammad_Yasir and @nkyriakoulis ,

Welcome to the project and looking forward to reviewing your proposals. Recommend working on the proposals asap and, if possible, getting a mentor to review it before the due date.

And if havenā€™t started already, also recommend working on issues on github.

thanks!
-brady

@brady.miller Sir thank you for kind reply. Please let me know should I submit the draft proposal directly on GSOC? or personally send a mentor?

Thank you very much again.

1 Like

Hi Brady, I submitted my draft proposal, hopefully one of the Mentors will be able to check it and provide some feedback!

All the best,
Nikos

Hello mentors @tywrenn @brady.miller
I am Dheerendra Goyal, a second-year student from the University National Institute of Technology, Durgapur, India. I am interested in working with you on this project. I ensure you that I have a good understanding of software engineering related methodologies, tools, and usages. As a person,
I am enthusiastic about promoting competitive programming culture in and outside college as I am a junior coordinator of
the Software Development team of my university and working in this field since last two years and also built and host a website for
ISTE(Indian society for technical education) club of my university i.e. http://istenitdgp.com/ And I have sufficient skills
for this project such as I have worked on HTML, CSS, JAVASCRIPT, BOOTSTRAP, PHP, MYSQL and PYTHON, As you can see on my GitHub
repositories dheero / Repositories Ā· GitHub And I ensure you that the project will be complete on time. As this is my hobby. I informed an issue #3282 which can have many sub-issue and I wanna work over that.

Hi Tyler,

Have issues with LBF forms when lot of space from end of the question to the choice - listbox, textbox. I did increase the lbf length in code under super/edit layouts php file. It seems that the LBF is resposive and adjusting automatically. Instead the user needs to scroll horizontally. Discussed this with Brady and he said you may be able to help. I would really appreciate it ASAP.
Thanks, Jit Chawla
jc@acehealthsolutions.com
919-525-0536