Profile Picture in Demographics page

Hello all,

We have some suggestion to add patient’s profile picture in the demographics page like the following method.

When creating new patient, there will be a field to open up the webcam of the system to capture the patient’s photograph and save them inside the OpenEMR application .

We can display the captured image in main demographics page of the patient or patient portal.

This feature should be enable/disable using Globals controls.

Thanks,
ViSolve

2 Likes

Sounds good,

Check out this recent feature added by @MatthewVita and Jeffrey and would build from there:
Patient Context Image Enhancement · Issue #593 · openemr/openemr · GitHub

-brady

Moreover, check out master, which contains the basic feature. I would love to see a webcam popup though!

@brady.miller @MatthewVita

Thanks for the information.We will look into this and take it from there.

Regards,
ViSolve

1 Like

This feature already exists, if a patient picture exists it gets displayed in the right sidebar of the patient summary. There’s a PR coming in to add a photo to the patient context bar.

Is this similar to what you’re trying to do, or am I misunderstanding?

Robert,

Yes, we could see the default patient icon at the right sidebar in the patient summary.
We tried to upload a picture for the patient from documents-> patient photograph but it is not reflecting in the patient summary.
What is the exact worflow to upload the patient pic ?

Thanks,
ViSolve

elooo this sounds great, i have been trying it for number of dayz but haven’t achievied as @visolveemr puts it. the idea is reali of great help