Procedure - Lab Results

sunsetsystems wrote on Monday, April 01, 2013:

OK MD - so this is something you’re working on?  Let me know if you have any other questions.

Rod
www.sunsetsystems.com

blankev wrote on Monday, April 01, 2013:

Brady,

there is some work to do for the instructions in the WIKI pages of Open-EMR about Procedures. I could start from what I can see with the information available or I could wait a bit and see what is happening for the future release. I know there is a lot of action behind the visible screen but can not see how much effect this will have for the WIKI Pages.

Please advise on how to proceed. 

Another question: I found 4 subjects covering Procedures. These could be merged or are these special for a certain version and/or Patch?

To wait or not to wait and see when is more appropriate to start chainging things around a bit…………………

Tnx , Pimm

blankev wrote on Monday, April 01, 2013:

I did as much as possible all steps in the Process Description. But what to do when entered the results of the Cervical smear and you are not autorized? Keeps popping up. I entered with Admin Pass not  a Clinician. Could that be the problem? Working in online demo versions develpors.

Tnx in advance , pimm

sunsetsystems wrote on Monday, April 01, 2013:

Check your access control groups.  To do anything with results you need Patients / Medical permission.  To sign results you need Patients / Sign Lab Results permission.

Rod
www.sunsetsystems.com

blankev wrote on Tuesday, April 02, 2013:

Rod, (all in Demo Developer Online Open-EMR.org  latest version)

tnx for the advise, but where do I find Patient / Medical permission? and even worse Patient / Sign Lab Result permission?

For admin and myself I put permission in User Permission => all but stil not allowed for input op procedure results.

Tnx

sunsetsystems wrote on Tuesday, April 02, 2013:

Pimm - go to Administration -> ACL and click “Groups and Access Controls”.  Click (Edit) next to Administrators-write and you’ll see that Sign Lab Results is inactive for the Administrators group.  If you select that and click “<<” then it will be able to sign results.

Rod
www.sunsetsystems.com

Rod,

I don’t know where your advise is comming from, but it worked!

Solved another problem. I will see if I can find a place to stock it in a WIKI Page.

TNX

Ok, yes your advise was on the second page on this forum subject.

bradymiller wrote on Tuesday, April 02, 2013:

Hi Pimm,
Regarding the docs on wiki, you have free reign on them. The stuff in the manual is outdated, but at least it allows a user to figure things out. There is huge room for improvement, though. I’d suggest making a wiki page and placing all the instructions on that.
-brady
OpenEMR

Regarding the docs on wiki, you have free reign on them,

this is also the main reason I don’t want to go ahead and make changes or additions to the WIKI pages, if there is extensive change to be expected.

My hesitance to go ahead goes toward issues as:

How much change is to be expected, does my efforts to understand any part of OpenEMR important enough to make it into an WIKI page, does the community have the same problems encountered when digging into an OpenEMR subject, since I am a non-US user with a local machine and a web site and a mind set on my own specialty, and last but not least I still don’t have a production site and use OpenEMR for learning and future implementation.

To make OpenEMR completely acceptable for General Practice it needs to be fine tuned with lot of local information and that takes time since not all local info in ready in digital form.

After reading the latest Rod-advise on digging into ACL, I think tthis is worth a try to I update the WIKI on procedures.

Gr, Pimm from Curacao.

Hello I am using openemr 5.0.1 and I have a problem. When I print a patient’s lab results it shows up with the name of another patient. How can I solve this problem.
Regards, marc