Read about OpenEMR's Response to the COVID-19 Pandemic at https://www.open-emr.org/covid19/

Problems with upgrading 5.0.0 to 5.0.1 in mysql

Situation
I am upgrading from 5.0.0 (6) to 5.0.1 then to 5.0.2. I have tried to install 5.0.1 but and have followed the instructions for altering the sqlconf after changing $config to “1” I then attempt to run openemr/sql_setup.php I get an question that say "check that MySQLd is running. I check and it is running. I am unsure what to do about this. If I then go and change the $config back to “0” the I get the http://192.168.1.105/openemr/setup.php?site=default screen that offers setup options and says do not run this screen if you are upgrading which I am so I stop there.

OpenEMR Version 5.0.0 (6)
I’m using OpenEMR version

Browser:
I’m using chrome, firrefox, and edge

Operating System
I’m using windows and Ubuntu desktop

Logs No
Did you check the logs? Was there anything pertinent in them? Paste them here (surround with three backticks (```) for readability

hi @mincey85, follow upgrade instructions (run sql_upgrade.php) and you can go straight to 5.0.2 from 5.0.0 :slight_smile:

Thanks Steve;

Actually I had a typo in my initial email. I ran sql_upgrade.php not sql_setup as I indicated and got all the problems listed below.

T

hi @mincey85, ok, did you make sure your mysql credentials match the previous sqlconf.php file?

but suggest starting over with 5.0.2 upgrade and then you’ll select that you’re upgrading from 5.0.0

:+1: :+1:

Anytime I have mySQL issues it is a credential mismatch error.

Can you post a screenshot of the errors you get? Sometimes it helps to select an older version like 4.2.2 even if you are in 5.0.0 like this:

If you post your errors and also post your git log that would help. For example here is a git log from one of the lastest updates of 500

I tried the upgrde to 5.0.2 but failed.

I tried these directions

Command line Ubuntu/Mint Upgrade

  1. Download and Upgrade (commands are in red):

wget downloads.sourceforge.net/openemr/openemr-5.0.2-1_all.deb

sudo apt-get update

sudo dpkg -i openemr-5.0.2-1_all.deb

(If there was an error(s), then issue the following command (type ‘Y’ after): sudo apt-get install -f )

  1. Then login to OpenEMR:

Desktop - Browse to http://localhost/openemr .

Server - From another computer browse to server at http://server_IP_address/openemr .

(server IP address can be found using ‘ifconfig’ command)

But I get an error that says the file cannot be located so I go to sourceforge and cannot find a *.deb file; so I get the tarball- extract it into the “www” directory and get the following error
error 255 - subprocess
openemr configuration.

I guess this could be easier if I could just know where to get the *.deb upgrade file as it is it not on sourceforge

Hi @mincey85 ,

The ubuntu OpenEMR 5.0.2 package hasn’t been built yet:
https://www.open-emr.org/wiki/index.php/OpenEMR_Downloads
(see at bottom in the Ubuntu / Mint / Debian section)

Recommend doing the Linux upgrade.

-brady

Yes - I have tried 3x without success per above.
Can I just do a clean install and restore my backup of 5.0.0. Linux is upgraded to Ubuntu 16.4 are suggesting 18.x?

Hi just waiting for answer above. The install as listed is not working. Can I do a clean install and then restore the backup?

Thanks.

sure, post any errors and we’ll get you going

I gave the upgrade another try and did some detective work. well the result is I cannot even get my backup to work now. So I am desperate now as I have lots of patients coming tomorrow and need this up - so I hope someone can get back to me while I can do this - anyway

I started the upgrade again and receivde the following errrors;
if I run apt-get install -f or
sudo dpkg --configure -a

site emr enabled
module rewrite enabled
cannot stat /tmp.openemr_5.0.0-2/…config.php
Errors were encountered while processing:
openemr
Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
I ran
ls -l /var/lib/dpkg/info | grep -i openemr
it gave me a lust of 8 files starting with openemr.config.

I also prior to all this made sure i upgraded to php7.4 and including all extensions php7.1-apache2, etc.

I am unsure what to do next. I also set up a new server in case this happened and am prepared to run restore if need be at this point.I have stopped at thie point of database setup. Please advise.

hi @mincey85, it’s pretty much like this post