Problems loading config in Admin in OpenEMR

Hello, my name is Sofia. I am a biomedical engineering student who wants to try OpenEMR. I managed to install it, but when I try to go to the config tab in admin, it doesn’t finish loading. First, I get the initial image that says it’s loading, and then I get the second image saying the connection was reset. I installed OpenEMR using Docker. Why might this connection issue be happening? Thank you very much.

Best regards,
Sofia

Hi Sophia,

Can you please share an English translation of the errror. Is this issue only happening on the config page? What do you see in the error logs of the server when this message is shown?

Thanks,
Mandar

Hi Mandar,

Here’s the translation:

The connection has been reset

The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.

The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments. If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer’s network connection. If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the web.

This problem happens on the config page in the admin section and also if I try to enter the settings in my profile located at the top right.

When I check the error logs, nothing seems to appear. I only see this, which is not recent and may indicate that I’m looking at the wrong log:

sudo more /var/log/apache2/error.log
[Wed Jul 24 00:00:17.161512 2024] [mpm_prefork:notice] [pid 320233] AH00163: Apache/2.4.41 (Ubuntu) configured – resuming normal operations
[Wed Jul 24 00:00:17.161547 2024] [core:notice] [pid 320233] AH00094: Command line: ‘/usr/sbin/apache2’

If I go to the Logs tab in Admin > System > Logs, I see the following (as shown in the image):

Thank you in advance for your help!

Best regards,
Sofia

hi sophia,
i also run under docker. The php logs are in the docker container, and i access these logs with the following command.

docker exec -i $(docker ps | grep openemr:flex | cut -f 1 -d " ") sh -c ‘/root/devtools php-log’

by the way, i got this from the documentation on github in the home page openemr/openemr - the file openemr/CONTRIBUTING.md at master · openemr/openemr · GitHub - don’t know if you’ve seen this?