Problems importing ERA file

I’ve downloaded a couple of ERA files from our clearinghouse. We’re using OpenEMR 5.0.1 (7). I go to Fees->Batch Payment->Era posting and choose my file for uploading and select the insurance company.
When I press the “process era file” button I get the following error "Premature end of ERA fileWarning: Set was already uploaded but not yet processed. "

Any ideas on how to get past this and actually get my ERA file imported?
Thanks in advance for any help.

hi @bearzillasquatch , think you can comment out the warnings at
this line and
this line too.

I commented out those lines. Now the error just reads "Warning: "Set was already uploaded but not yet processed. " Then when I click the “ok” button in the warning popup, the browser opens a new tap with the following url:
“http://ip_address/interface/billing/sl_eob_process.php?eraname=&debug=1&paydate=2022-02-17&post_to_date=&deposit_date=&original=original&InsId=45” (ip address removed and replaced with text by me)

And the text on the page is : You cannot access this page directly.

you can delete the matching file in the era folder under documents, may just be under sites/default in 5.0.1

I have a directory sites/default/era
Inside that directory are only 2 files:
.edi
README.txt

can try removing .edi

So i deleted the .edi file. Imported the era file again. This time no warnings but I still got the same new tab that says “you cannot access this page directly”.

Also a new .edi file was created. I looked at the contents of that file and it was the same as the era file I was trying to import.

So I think whatever processing openEMR is trying to do to the file after uploading isn’t working properly. Perhaps a file permission or improperly formed era file?

sounds like there’s a bug with the filename, is it possible for you to try upgrading to v6?

We are going to upgrade to 6 at some point. Maybe sooner then later now.

Thanks.

1 Like