Printing Patient Labels and printing on envelopes

I was taking a look at the label generator and I noticed a few things. When I print on a paper I notice that there are hard coded values such as 50pt font even thought the label is supposed to be at 10pt. If this on purpose? Plus, maybe I’m not understanding something here but this font seems to be a little over sized to go on a label that is 66 x 25 mm.

My goal is to print addresses on an envelope but I’m second guessing my strategy. I’m thinking that I should remove the hard coded fonts in addr_label.php

This is what I am getting:

Is there something that I am overlooking?

There is a setting in globals to determine the type of Label but these settings get overwritten by the hard coded 5160. I can go ahead and make the changes I feel that are necessary but I just wanted to make sure that this is faulty code.

Hello growingflea,
Changes are not reflected,since GLOBAL settings are not used.
Let us know,if you have further clarifications.

Thanks,
ViSolve

Hi @growlingflea ,

I don’t think there is a global selection for the address labels. Pretty sure just global selections for the Chart Label and the Barcode label.

Attached a sample address label that I created (and agree it’s not very appealing looking)
sample_address_label.pdf (216.9 KB)

-brady

Ok. Then I guess I’ll add an envelope function using some of the existing files.

Looking more at the code, I’m puzzled about the following choice. Why create an object then overwrite it?

Am I missing something?

Hi @growlingflea ,

I saw that too and agree it is really odd. If you optimize this script, would rec removing that. I noted there are also variables there that are not used, which could also clean up.

-brady

Ok. I’m fixing this I will add functionality to make changes in Globals. Default settings will be a size 10 envelope. Expect to see a pull request shortly.

2 Likes

Ok. I fixed it. It required some minor coding. I added the capability to format envelopes in Admin -> Globals. The default settings go to a size 10 envelope. A pull request was made today. Here are some screen shots for clarification:

The Global Settings:

And the output

Make sure to save settings in Globals -> Admin before getting this to work.

1 Like