Printing manifest Rx or the contact lens

Hello. I am using the Ophthalmology module. I am unable to print out the manifest refraction rx and the contact lens rx. I click on the dispense icon but I see no print icon? Please help.

Hi @scifi000 ,

Just to confirm, is this the Eye module at encounter-screen->Clinical->Eye Exam ?

-brady

Right click and “This Frame”->“Print Frame” should work for you.
If there were Print Page option, it would print the whole page, with the Eye form in background and the CTL Rx out front.
There is probably a way to do this with an icon using javascript. I’ll look into it but for now this technique should work.

Yes, it is the Eye Exam. I click the dispense button and print but, it prints the RX and the background of the exam. I just want to print the RX.

Hello. Thanks for your help. For OpenEMR 4.2 there is a frame and print frame, and it did print. But on OpenEMR 5.0 there is no frame on right click. There is a print option but it prints the background as well as the RX. I am using the the Eye module at encounter-screen->Clinical->Eye Exam on OpenEMR 5.0 and can not get it to print the RX correctly.

I think we may be talking about different “frames”. I believe you are using openEMR in the “tabbed” version instead of the “framed” version. Even in 5.0.1 you can switch back to “frames”.

When in the eye form with a Contact Lens RX filled out, press the printer icon in the top right of that rectangle. A new Modal window will open. Right click on that Modal window and a print dialog will open.

Here it is in video which is better than my lame attempt to describe it:
Print Contact Lens Rx

I am always looking to cut down the steps/click/hand movements to accomplish a given task.

Maybe it would make sense here to have the “Print icon” auto-print the script… However…

For refractions in general by way of example:

We want to print the MR but add a tweak - say the MR cyl is 3 degrees off the current Wear. Your final Rx might have the MR but you choose to prescribe the original OD axis… In the chart we should be able to note that we did this! We want to keep the actual MR and then record your final Rx separately. The Modal window displays the Rx you will prescribe/dispense. Here you can change the actual final script on the screen before printing, without changing the original values recorded for that refraction.

Whatever you “print” is recorded in a special “DISPENSED” table. You can pull up a list of the historical dispensed Rx data by clicking on the list icon = “List of previous refractions”. It’ll show which refraction type each prescription originated from (MR/AR/W/CTL/CR), BUT it may or may not == that refraction becuase you tweaked it… Here you can also delete anything that you added in error too.

As I look at the formatting, for 5.0.1 we have to adjust the output/display a little for these dispensed Rx’es, but at its core it will function the same way.

Hope that makes sense.

Thank you. I found out the problem was that when I was using Chrome for some reason “frame this” never was an option when I right clicked. On Firefox, “frame this” appears on right click and was able to print the RX as you described. Therefore, I will use Firefox from now on. Thanks for helping me.