POST Procedure/ Service Request FHIR API

Hi everyone,
I was checking your swagger and noticed that there are not POST request for Procedures and for Service Request on the FHIR API.
Are you working on this and will it be available soon ? Do you have a time estimation when this will work ?
I’m using OpenEMR version 6.1, in Chrome in Windows.

1 Like

We are not working on this right now, we do not have a time estimate for it. Several people have approached me with an interest in this being developed (I’m the lead developer behind OpenEMR’s FHIR) but no one has committed any funds towards it yet. We’ve been focused on being spec compliant with FHIR’s US Core IG 3.1. This is to meet the ONC 2015’s specification for (g)(10) requirements. We hope to have that fully certified next month. At that point we will start working on other development endeavors. If this is something you’re interested in helping us build, let me know.

If people need to create data inside OpenEMR we recommend right now using the non-FHIR api endpoints.

We are currently leading up to ONC 2015 certification and one issue we are struggling with in identifying is the minimal requirements for FHIR API Endpoints. I’ve been searching for information and have been able to identify the exact requirements.

I found where these are referrenced at the following location but the links are dead so was unable to interpret what the links actually represented.

https://www.open-emr.org/wiki/index.php/OpenEMR_7.0.0_API#Testing_Endpoints

Any information or guidence would be extremely appreciated.

Thank you for your time.

1 Like

What do you mean by leading up to ONC 2015? Are you trying to get certified as an EMR product on CHPL using your own custom version of OpenEMR?

Or are you trying to run OpenEMR as a certified product using the 7.0.0 release which is certified on ONC’s CHPL website.

We will investigate what is going on with the testing endpoints as I can verify they are returning a status code 500.

Regarding the testing endpoints, note these are the Aud uri of the fhir servers.

Interestingly, if there are no clients set up, then get the 500 code. However, if a client is set up, then get:

{"error":"access_denied","error_description":"The resource owner or authorization server denied the request.","hint":"Missing \"Authorization\" header","message":"The resource owner or authorization server denied the request."}