I’m finishing up writing a gateway class to implement AuthorizeNet and Stripe payment gateways (Square and maybe PayPal in the works) and i’m in the process of integrating into OpenEMR. While use case for portal is clear, implementation in OpenEMR payments, not so much. My thinking is that most practices already have some sort of POS setup for credit card payments so doubtful adding to Payments would be useful. Is this assumption correct?
- Would a practice ever have a need to run more than one gateway vendor i.e. Authorize and Stripe?
- Should payment automatically be posted or have billing folks post after being notified of payment?
- Should allow patient to void payments?(24 hours)
- Should patient only be allowed to pay against invoice balance and billing determine how applied. eg an itemized invoice is presented with a balance.
- Only plan to log transaction ids and amounts. Any reason to save card tokens for future payments?
- Any other popular gateways that would be useful?
- Any other concerns or work flow suggestions.
@stephenwaite I’ve chosen for new universal gateway class to live with your new library /billing classes. Any problem with this?
Edit: Here is PR for the adventurous among us!