Podiatry user

van2010 wrote on Monday, October 01, 2012:

I would like to know any OpenEMR user who is in a podiatry practice.  Thanks

tmccormi wrote on Monday, October 01, 2012:

I have a podiatrist customer.  Contact me offline I can hook you up with them.
Tony @ mi-squared.com

ecavalier wrote on Saturday, October 27, 2012:

Hi
I’m using OEMR for my podiatry practice, and I’m very satisfied with this program.
If you have any questions……

Dr. Cavalier

cmswest wrote on Monday, October 14, 2013:

Hello. I’ve been contacted by a podiatrist interested in OEMR.

Do any of you have any screen shots of form templates that you’re using in your podiatry practice that you can upload for us to peruse?

Thanks

fsgl wrote on Tuesday, October 22, 2013:

Go to htdocs/openemr/contrib/forms/podiatry and see if anything suits.

cmswest wrote on Tuesday, October 22, 2013:

thanks fsgl (fantastic support guy listening)

here’s a screen shot of installed contrib/podiatry form, nice layout and i like the add appointment link

if only the podiatrist could use nation notes with this

fsgl wrote on Wednesday, October 23, 2013:

Just returning the favor of the Calendar bug work-around.

If you cannot insert a NationNote into the above form, are you able to insert the elements into a NationNote?

With a quick glance at the form, the body looks like a WYSIWYG editor. The followup field is easy enough to construct in a Layout Based Visit Form. It should not be that difficult to add the 3 buttons below. The WYSIWYG editor in NationNotes has the ability of embedding links if I remember correctly.

As Pimm recounted in his Creation Story of the Forms, because they are so hard to construct; Rod came up with the LBV form, resulting in user happiness.

Harley Tuck did an excellent job in his tripartite NationNote wiki article.

cmswest wrote on Thursday, October 24, 2013:

thanks again fsgl

thanks for the link to Harley Tuck’s article, not 100% sure about Pimm’s recounting but it may be possible that Rod and ZH were divinely inspired

anyways created the detox lbv form on the demo but am not quite sure how to go about adding code to a button in nation notes

found code from podiatry contrib form here:

https://github.com/openemr/openemr/blob/master/contrib/forms/podiatry/new.php

any ideas ?

fsgl wrote on Thursday, October 24, 2013:

The buttons in NationNotes are for special characters or abbreviations as explained in this section of Harley’s article. I don’t think that is what you are referring to.

I presume you are talking about the “Add Appointment” button in Rod’s form.

I don’t know how to add those lines of code to the NationNote. Harley also explained that the Image button in the Toolbar does not work for the insertion of .jpeg files but I wonder if it can be used to create a link to the Add/Edit Event dialog of the Calendar. I’ve never done it before. In addition to the Image tab, there are the Link and Advance tabs. See the 2 attachments.

There should be a way to finagle in the Add Appointment link, if a URL can be inserted.

Another thought, would it fly, putting the strings into the Value box in the Add Custom Button dialog of the NationNote? If it works, then everything will fit in one form, nice and neat.

If it’s impossible, consider the use of the NationNote for the clinical note and Rod’s form for the Add Appointment feature. There is no law against the use of 2 forms for one encounter.

It may be inelegant to cobble 2 forms together, but we cannot be suave all the time.

Please post the finished product here as a compressed file (zip or tar) so that it can be shared with other users. I plan to add it to a new Wiki section about contributed LBV forms. The Wiki audience is probably larger. Search and organization of topics are superior there than here. Thanks.

cmswest wrote on Sunday, December 08, 2013:

explains how to switch image with built-in graphic pain map however i can’t get the new image to load

it keeps showing original installed image installed of the foot image for podiatry

however it will load on a test system where i’ve switched out the image before i’ve registered, installed, and enabled the db

cmswest wrote on Sunday, December 08, 2013:

even after I drop the table and remove the entry for graphic pain map from the registry table and then reinstall the form it is still “living in the past”

cmswest wrote on Monday, December 09, 2013:

i found a work around as one has to edit and change the filename from painmap.png if you’ve already installed the db and would like to use another image

you can’t just copy the new image to painmap.png which is mysterious to me

fsgl wrote on Monday, December 09, 2013:

Computers, like God, work in mysterious (and wondrous) ways; even to their devotees and high priests.

blankev wrote on Monday, December 09, 2013:

On a local machine it should work as follows:

Rename painmap.png into something else, painmap_old.png

Paste your own painmap.png (be sure to use the same capitals-lower case as in original painmap.png) If they are about the same size it should give the same result as the original.

For an Internet Server installation there is sometimes a complication since copy => paste and rename give not instantly the good result. Sometimes I try to rename first than wait and than import the new painmap.png this could have to do with cookies or the configuration of the WebServer. If you wait till next day the new file painmap.png should be the picture you like to use. Would be nice though if some Developer could make it that different pictures can be selected and used with the Pain module, on an if needed base, but that is future music.

right, thanks Pieter

it does work fine before you register and install the db; after that you have to edit the above file

very witty but nothing can top your special appeal picture

since we’re nearing year end i may be able to drum up some tax deductible donations from my customers who’ll need something to offset their 2013 gains