Planning new OPEN EMR install

I am planning to convert to OPENEMR and make a go at developing it as both an EHR and PM platform. I am going to have to hire a company to do the complete start-up from A to Z. I have 3 questions:

1. Does anyone have recommendations for an over-seas company/developer who has experience working with and installing Open EMR?
  2. How much development will I need to have the billing end of the software work efficiently in regards to sending charges to clearinghouses and how easy is it to integrate with a clearinghouse?
  3. How much development will I need to have e-prescribing, especially of controlled substances, running efficiently?

Thank you!
CNM

@cmack 1. You can look at the locations of various vendors who can provide you support services here: https://www.open-emr.org/wiki/index.php/OpenEMR_Professional_Support

You don’t mention what country you are in but there are several professional vendors who can provide you an end to end solution that live in various countries so you can find what works best for you.

1. You can work with OfficeAlly as the system integrates with them to do your clearinghouse, my understanding is it is pretty easy to setup. I’m sure there are other clearinghouses that the professional vendors can work with you on if you have a preference.

2. I’ll punt on as I’m not familiar with the e-prescribing functionality.

Edited: Removed specific vendor recommendations to follow community forum best practices.

Thank you for your response. Very helpful.

I have also seen a product called “Open EMR PRO” with additional functionality like a tele-med platform, etc. Is this a version of OPEN EMR or is it OPEN EMR that has been modified into a proprietary product for for-profit sales?

Thx.

Hi @cmack ,
Anything that is not downloaded from OpenEMR’s website or github repository is generally a modified fork of OpenEMR (including OpenEMR PRO it appears) and I am willing to bet is not based on the most current OpenEMR codebase.
-brady

Brady,
OpenEMR Pro ALWAYS supports the latest version of OpenEMR and the modules ViSolve provides are on top of OpenEMR. The value added modules work with deployed OpenEMR as well as well as with the latest OpenEMR.

We are not sure why you got the idea it wont be the latest one and not from Github.

-ViSolve OpenEMR Support Team

hi @visolveemr ,
I was confusing it with OpenEMR Plus. Thanks for the clarification.
-brady

No Worries :wink:
Thank you Brady.

ViSolves mission is to promote Open Source (OpenEMR) for healthcare and we are
here to work with you to make a difference!

-Visolve

Does open emr support the use of and diagnostic peripherals like pulse ox, ECG, manometry, etc? If not, do you know of any open source platforms that run these devices that can be integrated with Open EMR? Thx

CNM