Planning for OpenEMR 5.0.1 release

@sjpadgett

Got some not so good news about the Miscellaneous->New Documents feature. It bogged down and stopped working when trying to sort through a patient database of 27268 records. It may be better to change the parameters to start the search after typing in 3 - 4 letters.

If I get time to look into it, I will give it a try to see if performance can be improved. But as is right now, if I type in one letter, it starts the search and crashes the page. Just thought I would mention it.

hmm, yep that won’t work. I think I will put patient finder dialog instead or maybe limit 10 on query. But at least 3 characters would help. What about if you just click the pid button?(adjacent to search box)

Can you try a quick patch where we search for exact. L30 of openemr/library/ajax/document_helpers.php
change $term = “%” . $term . “%”;
to $term = “%” . $term;
Thanks for testing this out. I only have about 6000 patients for testing…

I will try this in the morning before they come in to work.

Glad to help. It makes it better for everyone.

I’d try to just change the start search to 3 in templates/documents/general_list.html at/around L:112 where
minLength: 0 to minLength: 3 before trying the exact search change in document helpers. However it works best then we’ll do it that way.

I put the minlength to 4 and it works great. Pops up quickly and does not hang the page.

I would suggest setting it to four for the general population.

Terrific Sherwin, thanks.