Patients details not shown on the list

(hany elmadbouh) #1

I am new to openemr. I created a couple of test patients. used for few days. Suddenly the patients details are not shown on the patients’ list but still could open the patient by clicking on the line. I created a new patient Charles which seems to show normally .

thank you
OpenEMR Version
I’m using OpenEMR version 5

I’m using: Chrome

Operating System
I’m using: mac os

Did you check the logs? Was there anything pertinent in them? Paste them here (surround with three backticks (```) for readability

(Ralf Lukner MD PhD) #2

Do you have screenshots of what is shown when you go into the patient charts? Exactly which version of 5 are you using (go to “About”)? I noticed that you are using a Mac … there isn’t a MacOS version of OpenEMR (on what operating system … Windows, Linux, Amazon AWS Ubuntu instance such as Express or Standard, or some kind of virtual Linux running on a MacOS machine was OpenEMR originally installed on … i.e., what operating system is your WebServer on?).

(hany elmadbouh) #3

Thank you Ralf for the reply.

I attach a screenshot of the patient chart

I used (Version 5.0.1)

The openemr is installed on a cloud linux server and I use mac chrome browser.

Best wishes

(Ralf Lukner MD PhD) #4

Okay, please choose “Edit” next to the Demographics, enter a random first and last name and then put the save button at the top left of your form.

Does the name you entered now show up?

Go back to the patient finder – does the name you entered show up now in the list of patients?

(hany elmadbouh) #5

Yes, Ralf the new entered names appeared on the patients list. thanks

(Ralf Lukner MD PhD) #6

You are welcome! Enjoy.

(hany elmadbouh) #7

Thanks for your help Ralf . However, reentering random names did not really help. My greatt concerns, If these were real patients and all patients demographic are not shown, this would have been a disaster and critical unrecoverable event without backup. Best wishes

(Ralf Lukner MD PhD) #8

Can you reproduce the problem (and explain the steps in detail)? I do not have any problems losing patient information with this system. This has been the most reliable EMR that I have ever worked with … in part because I can control it and make sure that everything is working correctly. I also am aware of what information has been posted to the database, and I save it frequently. If you do not post the data frequently and your browser loses connection with the web server you will lose whatever you have not posted yet.

(hany elmadbouh) #9

Thank you for the reassurance Ralf. If the problem reoccur, I will post again. Thank you again. Hany

(Ralf Lukner MD PhD) #10

Certainly. If you want to use this system, you will need to make sure that whatever web server you choose to use … it must be reliable and backed up frequently (I do daily backups, but you might need more frequent backups). Also, if I was responsible for the system of an organization with a large amount of EMR data, I would also use redundant systems in different regions to make sure that the system is always available. Any EMR system like this depends on a solid foundation of hardware, system design for security and redundancy, and effective system administration (IT).
Best wishes,

(Ralf Lukner MD PhD) #11

I have reproduced this issue. I had a patient whose demographics simply “disappeared” just as the case that Hany described. This is not common, but it is very annoying. I have backups and SQL Dumps, but still…Screenshot%202019-07-08_09-08-50-703

(Ralf Lukner MD PhD) #12

Some additional interesting details after this problem has occurred:

There appears to be a recurring appointment now … which was unlikely to have been there before the problem occurred.

There is now an extremely large number (and growing) patient reminders. The top right clinical reminders section is updating and never shows a result.

Medical problems were preserved.

Prescriptions were not preserved. Prior appointments and encounters are preserved.


(Stephen Waite) #13

wondering if @helmadbouh also modified the demographics LBF ?

(hany elmadbouh) #14

Hi , this is interesting development. No I did not modify the demographics of the patients. BW Hany

(Stephen Waite) #15

thanks @helmadbouh, so you’re both using mac os chrome for the client which may be the leading suspect

(Ralf Lukner MD PhD) #16

I have used Mac Safari, Chrome, and Firefox. The problem suddenly appeared this morning when I was using Safari but persisted with Chrome and Firefox. I do not normally use Safari, and I have not seen this issue in the past.

(Ralf Lukner MD PhD) #17

I was using MacOS Safari this morning to edit a Layout Form and when I used the “preview” feature to test the form, it was USING AN ACTUAL ENCOUNTER FROM A REAL PATIENT (“case” selected an actual diagnosis from an encounter in September 2018). Also, when I went to the Diagnosis section, I could see the diagnosis associated with a REAL ENCOUNTER. This might also explain why there is lost demographic data on some patients … (deleted the part of the message that says that this only occurs on MacOS Safari – Seen on MacOS Chrome as well).