Patient Portal Not Allowing Self Registering

I am following the instructions for enabling the Patient Portal and my intention is to let new patients self register so they can make an online booking. I already have the “Allow New Patient Registration Widget” checkbox checked in my Admin - Globals - Portal but when I access the Patient Portal it does not show a register button, it only allows logging in using a pre set username and password. Why can’t I self register as a patient?

have to setup google’s recaptcha

Hi @iraghib,
In order to enable Self Registration in patient portal make sure you follow the below steps:

1. Admin → config → click Enable Patient Portal and provide Patient Portal Site Address
  2. For Google reCAPTCHA V2 site key and Google reCAPTCHA V2 secret key ,
  • Go to Google Recaptcha site
  • Click + to register a new site and fill the details like as shown in the image and click Save.

• Once you registered you got the site key and secret key that needed to be pasted on the respective fields in Admin->config and click Save.
  • Now, if you navigated to your patient portal site address, you can see the Register button

For further assistance kindly refer this document: How to Activate Patient Portal

-ViSolve OpenEMR Team