Patient portal audits

I am having some issues with patient portal audits. I may just not know how to use it.
Some of it may be feature requests.
Here it is. Some of my audits are getting stuck in the audits screen. Despite my “chart to category onsite patient portal”, and getting the “success” message, the document remains in the queue and I end up with multiple duplicates of the same document, in the patient document directory.

This is the queue:

this is the document:

the queue looks the same after the upload. I am not going to upload the picture again.

But this is what the patient document queue looks like:

As you can see, I have uploaded the same document many times for the last month. I have been able to process multiple other patients successfully. But this only occurs with these patients who are left in the queue.
What am I doing wrong? Is this a bug? I cannot figure this out.

The other concern I have is that failure of a patient to click a button does not mean they said No. See arrow above. Is there an alternative to the {CheckBox} and {YNRadioGroup}? How about a checkmark? It would be easier for me to pick out when I am reading the history form, for example, which is super long. How about something like the HTML checkmark (U+2713)?

Thanks
Sandra

Hi @gutiersa -
If I read your problem correctly, that is indeed how the module works: a document coming from the portal will be held for review, then when reviewed will be saved to the ‘Onsite Portal/ Reviewed’ category. From there it can be manually moved to another category.

This per the docs in the OpenEMR wiki,
https://www.open-emr.org/wiki/index.php/Patient_Portal_Document_Templates
down at the very end, steps 4, 5, and 6.

My question is, per step 5, are you clicking ‘Done’? That’s the step that is supposed to take the form off the list. If it doesn’t, I’d suspect a malfunction there.
Best- Harley

Correct, I click “done”. Most forms have been taken off the list except for those that are still in the list.
Thanks for your reply.

Actually the form is marked reviewed after you chart or download. You can do both but once you hit done, it’s over.

The review part of this is not done. Nor the templates. Same with should be able to send document back to patient. Good point on yes/no and those changes should be coming. I’m just too busy right now.

I bet you are, I wish I could help, but my I just don’t know how I can help.
I have no life, I could be programming!

I have templates queued up in my brain so, soon i’ll enhance. 'Til then if you want to explore, check out the following code: portal/patient/templates/OnsiteDocumentListView.tpl.php around L-121.
This is where the template tags are replaced.

Could be fun for you. These are javascript functions so, brush up. However, they are very straight forward.
good luck

1 Like

I have been meaning to ask. I get a lot of “something went wrong” error in the patient portal, but no error message in the logs. Is there a way to turn on debugging for the patient portal? My patients have not been able to log in. It is likely due to my setup. I am sure I have errors in my server, maybe nginx or rewrite rules?

Remember, that my system is not linux based, but FreeBSD.

Thanks, Sandra