Patient Portal 2 - Intake Docs

@sjpadgett I’m testing out your patient portal and it looks great. Do you have any plans on gathering intake information (through the document templates) and then posting the data to a patient’s chart (patient_data) ??

If so, I’d like to help out. If not, mind if I take a crack?

Hi @sljsmith,
I had/have many plans for document support centered around templates that a provider office could easily create to fit their needs but am somehow side tracked whenever I go back to the portal. The portal dashboard allows you to send a patient doc to chart but not the encounter although, thru some clicks you could get it to an encounter. Not sure what you are after but whatever you want to do please, have at it as I’m sure any advancement will be appreciated.
btw: am working towards FHIR integration in portal soon…

Just to be clear, there is a portal dashboard under Miscellaneous->Portal Dashboard where you may create and send document templates to a patient or all patients. Also, once a patient fills and sends a template from portal it may be reviewed and sent to their chart from dashboard.

Hi @sjpadgett - thanks for the clarification :slight_smile: So, you’re saying information gathered in the docs once reviewed updates their chart (aka updates patient_data)? That’s awesome!

I’m actually about to tweak the demo ‘Revise’ page to remove fields I don’t use. Have you linked that page to the Administration>Lists yet? If not, mind if I give it a crack?

Lol, you truly seem determined to do something creative with portal which is great. The document review in dashboard will not update patient_data but simply allow disposition of either download doc or save document to chart as a document. If you think about it, the main patient documents we would want to update to live database may be encounter types which would be a great feature for documents such as history but the physician/practitioner would need to make that review and decision to import after encounter creation.

What is allowed to be seen and modified is a touchy issue with me as I fully believe the patient has the right to see any and everything in their chart (we have provider review for allowed changes). This is why I did not setup a profile config. However, there are items in patient data I don’t show for no sound reason except maybe item’s mostly are no longer used e.t.c. As for pull downs that rely on List’s, I believe I’ve covered all the available lists but Preferred Language, but not sure.
For profile, all the patient_data columns available mid last year are covered in source dao and model so may be missing new column’s and there are several place’s in source that needs to be touched to add new fields so if this is what you are after let me know and I can regen the dao’s and model where profile may be updated for new fields.
You could though create an exclude list for available fields in profile and leave it up to user to decide what is collected in profile dialog.

Sorry to ramble and may not have answered question but I say mod how you think because as an engineer and not a clinician, i’m open for any changes. The community will way in if we get too far amiss.

As I end this I find myself wanting to go address those possibilities I envisioned for document templates. Middle of FHIR now but just let me know how I can help you navigate code architecture …

Thanks! Great info…

If you don’t mind, I’ll take you up on your offer and pick your brain about code architecture as I get into this. It’s been a while since I’ve done serious coding so I need to refresh my skills. And, I’m new to OpenEMR so it would be nice to have someone to double-check with until I’m more fluent… :slight_smile:

@sjpadgett @brady.miller

Intake documents are not getting queued through into the patient’s chart. I have since changed to an XAMPP environment. What am I doing wrong?. In my freebsd nginx this was working. Can anyone point me to apache’s configuration for the portal please please please, I can’t find it, boo hoo hoo

BTW, the patient already gave me her password and I clicked the send for review button myself.
TIA