Patient Photos not appearing

What am I doing wrong? I’ve been trying to upload a photo of patients into the Documents\Patients Photograph, (I’ve also tried the Patients ID folder), and I cannot get the image to appear in the summery page. I see the stock thumbnail photo and read that If I put a photo in that folder it will show up in the summery page.

Any one have a suggestion?

Thanks,

Amory

Hi @Amory_Neal,

Patients Photograph is the right place. Rec ensuring nobody has changed it at Administration->Globals->Documents->Patient Photo Category Name

I just tested this to work ok with a jpg. Did the stock image work for you?

-brady

I have the settings pointing to the right folder and when I upload a jpg I still get the stock photo.

I’m not sure why A picture doesn’t show.

Hi @Amory_Neal ,

There is a bug where using an external id breaks the patient picture. Try this simple fix here:

Please let me know if that works or does not work.
(this fix will be in the next 5.0.1 patch once I confirm it is working for folks)

-brady

btw, here’s a direct link to the fix to make is easier to see:
patient image fix when external id is different than id by bradymiller · Pull Request #1684 · openemr/openemr · GitHub

Brady,

Thanks for the email again. I see the link that you sent me, but not sure what I’m supposed to do. I will wait for a patch, but I also need to find out how to install patches in the first place. I’m new to this software and really new to the AWS hosting also, but I will see what I can find on the forum. It’s been very helpful.

Thanks again for all your help and knowledge.

Amory