Path of uploaded documents

Hi,

Where are the logs saved on openemr? like if there are any failed database queries or some issue with uploads etc. Also, Can we change the path of the directory where if change the path in one location, everything (logs, documents) is saved under that path?

Thanks in advance!

Hi,

Can anyone help with this?

Thanks!

Hi @Divya Malela One can see the logs by going to admin/system/logs - the logs are actually stored in the database in the table ‘log’ but the message is encoded in base64 so one needs a decoder, such as the one recommended by stephen waite at https://www.base64decode.org/

logs are configurable in admin/config and then choose the ‘logging’ tab - one can configure it so that error messages are displayed in the window

another way to see error logs is in the run time log file on the server - but this depends how the system is being run, to an extent.

hope this is useful? ruth

1 Like

If you are viewing logs from within the database using a SQL tool, you can also decode in your SQL statement. For example, my database is MySQL and I use either MySQL Workbench or VSCode to run SQL statements. In my environment I follow the approach shown in this article Understanding base64 encode in MySQL? (tutorialspoint.com)

1 Like