Patch 5-0-1 (3) to Patch-6

Situation
I have a AWS EC2 version of OpenEMR and need to patch to ver 6. I finely just found out how to connect SSH to the site by using the user ubuntu, but not sure how to install the patch.

OpenEMR Version
I’m using OpenEMR version 5-0-1 (3)

Browser:
I’m using: Chrome and or Safari

Operating System
I’m using: Mac OSX 10.11.6

Logs
Did you check the logs? Was there anything pertinent in them? Paste them here (surround with three backticks (```) for readability

Did you look at this?

https://www.open-emr.org/wiki/index.php/OpenEMR_Patches

I would wait for one of the more experienced devs to comment, but I believe it should be something like follows:

https:///openemr/sql_patch.php

• Then:

delete the leftover files using the Linux “rm -f” command.

Also make sure to enable MFA on your AWS account…

Dan,

Thanks for the responce. when I try that, I get an error on the 2nd step. it tells me that /var/www/local/htdocs/OpenEMR/ is no such file or directory.

Type in

“ls /var/www”

That directory should 100% exist no matter what version of Linux you’re running in AWS.

What do you see? Also I think it should be “openemr” with no caps (sorry about that).

Also if that fails, try

“sudo ls /var/www”

Btw I’m assuming you have OpenEMR running on AWS and everything is normal.

It’s either a permissions issue or docker issue it seems.

1. For Docker, try running:

“Sudo docker container ls”

Does anything come up?

If so, run “docker exec -it /bin/sh”

The container ID should be a 12+ character alphanumeric string.

That will get you into the Docker and from there you’ll need to execute all the commands from the beginning (fetch the zip file, move it, etc)

1. For a general permissions issue:

Try “Sudo su -“ or “su root”.

Then you should be the Root user and try accessing /var/www again and see if you make progress.

1. If this doesn’t work, sorry I don’t know the issue and either one of the other consultants or the senior OEMR devs Brady Miller and Asher Densmore-Lynn should be able to help.

Merry Christmas of course too.

hi @Amory_Neal @dan_openemr, just drafted a patch guide the other day for the aws packages, openemr-devops/patch.md at 1c165b07857ec870688d057eea103b654915e975 · openemr/openemr-devops · GitHub