Password/Login issue after upgrade to 6.0.0

After upgrading from 5.0.2 to 6.0.0, users can’t login. Goes back to login screen with no UI error message.
This only happens with upgrade, not fresh install.
To try to remedy, so far I’ve deleted content of ‘key’ in database as well as content of ‘sites/default/documents/logs_and_misc/methods’. I also cleared browser cache.
No success

Operating System
Server: CentOS 7.0
PHP: 7.3.27

Logs
[Mon Mar 22 23:06:41.921757 2021] [proxy_fcgi:error] [pid 4880:tid 140064461915904] [client 192.168.123.1:49936] AH01071: Got error ‘PHP message: OpenEMR WARNING: Unable to resolve hashing preference, so using PHP Default’, referer: https://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/interface/login/login.php?site=default

OK. Did you run the the php_upgrade script? Make sure you back up your database first!!!

Then run the sql_patch.php script:

Yes I did. My 3 previous attempts included patch 1. I patched the system again just before replying and now I’m on 6.0.0(1) Same issue.

hi @ycharles ,

Strongly recommend avoiding removal of anything in key table since could potentially lose a large amount of data.

The error you are seeing makes me think your upgrade did not work (after upgrade, it then brings in the new globals, and it appears this has not happened).

After a failed login, recommend checking out the most recent entry in logs table in the comments column (it is encoded in base64, so will need to decode it to see it).