OpenEMR standard edition on AWS

installation

(Atif Mian) #1

Thanks in advance for any help.

I have installed and deployed OpenEMR standard on AWS through cloudformation. Everything is working fine but before I start adding data I want to make sure I can backup and restore.

I have looked at the documentation and github. There is a recovery stack available on github that I have not used at this time.

Question

1. where is the backup stored? i can not find /root/backups

2. The only docker running is OpenEMR no mysql. Is this how it is supposed to be?

3. does the above restore process recover the OpenEMR settings and all the patient data with any uploaded documents?

4. Is this install different than the lightsail install?

thank you

Atif

(Stephen Waite) #2

here are the developer’s notes openemr-devops/packages/standard at master · openemr/openemr-devops · GitHub

(Atif Mian) #3

thank you

I downloaded the recovery template and when i try to make a new stack using cloud formation I get this error

Template error: Fn::Select cannot select nonexistent value at index 1

any suggestions?

thanks

(Ralf Lukner MD PhD) #4

Can you clip the relevant portion of the template? I found that I was able to install the AWS Standard Edition as long as I used the “default” template and did not try to load it myself (even without making any changes). I suspect that you will need to ask a “cloud formation” expert to see what documented or undocumented “feature” is giving you trouble. It might be something as silly as line wrapping of the commands in the template … (a wild guess).
Good luck,
–RBL