Openemr Receiving Faxes (Hylafax)

Hi,

I am having a problem with receiving faxes in openemr. I successfully configured hylafax with openemr as far as sending out faxes. That works. But receiving faxes, i’m not seeing any (misc->fax/scan) menu on the faxes in tab. I am not sure if there is another folder I can check to see if they are coming in there?

any help/suggestions/etc would be greatly appreciated.

thank you,

~Edward

ok good news I resolved my problem. I found that the initial setup folder for hylafax was not correct. openemr showed /var/spool/fax as default location and that’s not where my hylafax folder is, it’s /var/spool/hylafax. I made the change and now I see faxes! :slight_smile:

that’s good news, that was the default install folder for hylafax? thank you

@Edward_Sears we want to use Hylafax also, we have some basic questions can you help us:

1. does Hylafax needs a fax line and a fax modem? or is it going to work over IP?
  2. how do we send faxes from openemr?
  3. where do the received faxes go in openemr?

Thank you

Hi @vambati, sorry for the delay…

1. Yes it needs a fax line and fax modem installed in the server to work. I don’t think openemr can handle ip faxing yet.
  2. As far as I know, there are a few places you can send faxes. I know one of them is prescriptions that can be faxed. I don’t think there is any other area that can be faxed yet.
  3. the received faxes show in the Misc - > fax/scan menu option. There are three tabs, one for received faxes, sent faxes and the other tab is for scanning.

Hope that helps.

Edward

@Edward_Sears Thank you

@Edward_Sears

I have hylafax on a different server then openemr and in Admininstration -> Globals I configured Hylafax, now when I goto Misc -> fax/scan I can see the incoming and out going faxes, but in the incoming faxes when I click dispatch it is giving no pages found ? do you know what I need tot do here? is this some kind of permissions issue?

please help

Thank you
Venkat