OpenEMR Lab Procedures: Discrete results gets added to procedures and gets duplicated during an edit with patient encounter

visolveemr wrote on Thursday, August 18, 2016:

Hi All,
On checking up with the lab procedures, I came across the following scenario:

1. Add lab configuration with Blood test as Procedure order and A1C under discrete result.
  2. Created a patient with an encounter and processed for a lab procedure on ‘Blood test’
  3. From ‘Procedures’ -> Pending Review, the lab procedure was added and signed.
  4. The same was checked in the patient encounter and on clicking ‘edit’ the discrete result is newly added to the encounter procedure.
  5. This was already done during the pending review.

Is this an expected behaviour or a bug with the lab procedures (OpenEMR version 4.2.2).

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
ViSolve OpenEMR Support Team
ViSolve

visolveemr wrote on Thursday, August 18, 2016:

Attaching the relevant video showcasing the observation. Please check.

sunsetsystems wrote on Thursday, August 18, 2016:

It does look like something is going wrong when the manually entered results are saved. Will require some debugging. Also it might matter what’s in the compendium (procedures -> Configuration).

I’ve been more on the electronic side lately so no idea offhand what’s going on.

Rod
http://www.sunsetsystems.com/

visolveemr wrote on Friday, August 19, 2016:

Thanks Rod Roark…

Thanks,
ViSolve OpenEMR Support Team
ViSolve

Encountered this problem when entering result - wondering if I have a configuration issue or if this was a bug. How was this resolved? Thanks.

Found my answer - the code for the “discrete result” level was a duplicate of the code for the “procedure order” level. Corrected configuration, and updated the existing row in procedure_result table to correct it, now just one row appears.

1 Like