OpenEMR installation help

bradymiller wrote on Thursday, April 19, 2012:

Hi,

Just for debugging sake, what happens if you comment out:

if (!$ignoreAuth) die("Site ID is missing from session data!");

(note just for debugging, if works, begins helps to tell whether related to grabbing the GET or more of a sessions path issue)

-brady
OpenEMR

antijoey wrote on Friday, April 20, 2012:

Hi Brady,

I get kicked back to the login page.

AJ

juggernautsei wrote on Saturday, April 21, 2012:

I recently did an install on a shared hosting plateform similar to GoDaddy but it was a lot of work to get it to function correctly. I did not run the install in cloud. I uploaded everything complete to the site then we had to play around with the globals file to get it to work. But it was not something that could be duplicated.

I really do recommend either doing a VPS or using one of the OpenEMR professional support people. The install will be a lot better in the long run. As stated in other threads, the program is really not built to run on a plateform like GoDaddy.

Sherwin

bradymiller wrote on Saturday, April 21, 2012:

Hi,

My guess is that the session is not being recorded correctly. For example, the $_SESSION variable is not getting correctly populated, which is why it escapes when both the session and  the get are empty. I’d probably found out where your php is supposed to be storing these and see if there are any there:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/454635/where-are-session-variables-stored

-brady
OpenEMR

antijoey wrote on Monday, April 23, 2012:

Brady,

You were correct, sir. After an extended conversation with customer/tech support, we wrangled out the details. The issue was indeed where and how the session data is stored.

In this case, I had already created a /tmp directory and created a session.save_path entry in php.ini to that directory (as no default path is provided by host). Additionally, this path is duplicated in globals.php as such:

session_save_path('/absolute/path/to/tmp');
ini_set('session.gc_probability', 1);

, although one or the other may be enough. it’s working so I’ll leave it alone for now.
Furthermore, /tmp is permissioned 755 (is this too liberal? I don’t want any hijacked sessions!). However, these changes did not take effect without the intervention of my hosting provider. I would imagine this to be true for many shared hosting situations.

Things now seem to be completely in order and functional. Thank you for pointing me in the right direction. As this problem was cross-posted, I shall duplicate this in the other thread.

SOLVED
aj

anonymous wrote on Thursday, July 19, 2012:

@toledomed
I tried to setup OpenEMR on Daddy Linux shared hosting, I got error “Connecting to MySQL Server… ERROR. Check your login credentials. unable to connect to database as root.”

Is anyone know what’s MySQL root account/password on Dadaddy shared hosting?

Thanks for your help.

antijoey wrote on Thursday, July 19, 2012:

I’m a little confused by your question. In the past, I have set up the database that I wish to use before running setup. Otherwise, setup sometimes chokes on setting up the database.

The user account/password for the database that OpenEMR sets up should be known to you because that information is prompted during the setup process.

In any event, in your Godaddy Control Panel, under the top category (whatever.com), there is a section “Database”. In that section should read “1 of 10 Setup” if indeed OpenEMR setup or you have created a database.

Hope this is helpful….

AJ

anonymous wrote on Thursday, July 19, 2012:

During the installation, OpenEMR asks for “Name for Root Account” and “Root password” of MySQL Server.

It seems to me that GoDaddy doesn’t give out the Root account to Shared Hosting accounts.
I just wanted to double check to see anyone out there successfully installed OpenEMR on shared hosting.

Thanks.

antijoey wrote on Friday, July 20, 2012:

Yes, I have successfully installed on shared hosting with few caveats. If you’d like, contact me off-list.

aj@cardinaldigital.com

juggernautsei wrote on Saturday, July 21, 2012:

I am going to take this opportunity to rant about this kind of posting. Openemr has a list of qualified support people and companies that already have all this setup and people trying to save a few dollars waste time and man hours instead of contacting one of the listed support people and getting hosting from them for the same price. I don’t get it. All of this discussion could have been avoided. The heartache don’t have to be. If your going to spend money, spend it with the people that is going to benefit the community. Instead of going and giving the money to GoDaddy who don’t give a rat tail about you or this community.

That is my rant.

Sherwin
Openmedpractice.com