OpenEMR in India

I am looking to implement a hospital management software in India hospital. Is OpenEMR a good choice. It will be great if one can provide any names where this was implemented.

Also any other good alternative for Indian hospital.

Thanks in advance.

Hi @chestxray007,

OpenEMR did not have the hospital management feature but I have just started the hospital management feature implementation in OpenEMR with one of my client in Cameroon. Please let me know if you want any help.

Thanks,
Nilesh Hake

Thanks Nilesh. I was looking for a suitable software for implementation in India. I was thinking about OpenEMR and OpenMRS. Leaning towards open-source (and not proprietary) to keep cost less. OpenEMR seems to be rich in features compared to any other open source and probably many proprietary softwares but my concern is if it fits of Indian hospitals.

Hi @chestxray007 we have to update openEMR as per the Indian hospital management or we can create new software for hospital management please let me know your point.

Thanks,
Nilesh

@ [chestxray007]

so what did you finally settle for? i’m looking for a hospital management system to run a hospital (patient record handling, prescritpions, patient scheduling, billing… etc…), looking at the OpenEMR usecases see it as a fit… but not sure

would appreciate your reply

Hi @Nilesh_Hake @Inbert
Are you still working with open emr. I do plan to establish a single doctor clinic in near future. Will I be able to customise open emr for Indian market