OpenEMR fatal error

Situation
OpenEMR shows error since today when trying to log in. Tried unistalling and reinstalling with no luck. Also tried restoring the file from a new download.

Blockquote Fatal error: Uncaught TypeError: mysqli_query(): Argument #1 ($mysql) must be of type mysqli, bool given in C:\xampp\htdocs\openemr\vendor\adodb\adodb-php\drivers\adodb-mysqli.inc.php:1370 Stack trace: #0 C:\xampp\htdocs\openemr\vendor\adodb\adodb-php\drivers\adodb-mysqli.inc.php(1370): mysqli_query(false, 'SET NAMES ‘utf8…’, 0) #1 C:\xampp\htdocs\openemr\vendor\adodb\adodb-php\adodb.inc.php(1613): ADODB_mysqli->_query('SET NAMES ‘utf8…’, false) #2 C:\xampp\htdocs\openemr\vendor\adodb\adodb-php\drivers\adodb-mysqli.inc.php(1113): ADOConnection->_Execute('SET NAMES ‘utf8…’) #3 C:\xampp\htdocs\openemr\library\ADODB_mysqli_log.php(60): ADODB_mysqli->execute('SET NAMES ‘utf8…’, false) #4 C:\xampp\htdocs\openemr\library\sql.inc.php(66): ADODB_mysqli_log->ExecuteNoLog('SET NAMES ‘utf8…’) #5 C:\xampp\htdocs\openemr\interface\globals.php(301): require_once(‘C:\xampp\htdocs…’) #6 C:\xampp\htdocs\openemr\interface\login\login.php(41): require_once(‘C:\xampp\htdocs…’) #7 {main} thrown in C:\xampp\htdocs\openemr\vendor\adodb\adodb-php\drivers\adodb-mysqli.inc.php on line 1370

OpenEMR Version
I’m using OpenEMR version 7.0.2

Browser:
I’m using: Mozilla Firefox

Operating System
I’m using: Windows 11

A few things this can be, in order of most-likely

1. the configurations in your sites/default/sql_config.php are not correct.
  2. you are upgrading from an earlier version and did not use the sql_update.php script
  3. your boot drive is running out of space. Check available memory.

Let me know if this helps!

Daniel

From my understanding, probably the first problem has to be the case, since I had not upgraded when the problem first appeared. I had xampp uninstalled and reinstalled since, though. I don’t know if that has anything to do with it (it didn’t work).
My SSD has still 17GB of storage left as well.

Since I am a new user, I can’t find the proper solution, though. Could someone give a step by step guide? (my htdocs folder has been backed up after uninstalling)

PS: essentially what I am asking is if there is a way to clean install xampp and openemr, and restore the folder with the patients database somehow (which I have backed up by keeping the htdocs folder when uninstalling)

Thank you in advance

If you only backed up htdocs, then it’s likely that when you uninstalled/re-installed XAMPP, your database was deleted. You need to go into the SQL manager in XAMPP and see if your database still exists before attempting anything else.
If you’re lucky, the database is still there, but your old credentials are no longer valid, however, depending on exactly what was done during the uninstall/re-install, the tables may be gone.
Hope you find good news…