OpenEMR capabilities? Statistics & Google & Microsoft Apps integration

mkoontz wrote on Tuesday, December 23, 2014:

Hello Everyone,

This is a question for some of you more experienced users. I only just setup OpenEMR and thus haven’t done anything with it. I don’t need anything for billing or insurance. Everyone pays cash and everyone except for a couple of patients pay me every visit. The ones that don’t pay every visit pay every 2 to 3 visits. So tracking accounts receivable is also not an issue.

Currently I am using Microsoft OneNote (Office 365) in the cloud to create online notebooks for each patient in which I create tabs for their intake form, images and corresponding radiologist report. I also have another tab for the visit chart notes. The reports are inserted by snapping a picture via my iPad as a document. If they are images (X-Rays, MRI, CT) I’ve exported them from the viewing software or snapped a picture of them and inserted them manually. I’d like to be able to do the same thing with OpenEMR if that’s possible.

I’m also very interested in the statistics side of things. I’m currently using Excel to track the number of new patient visits and the number of patient visits throughout the year. However I’d like to be able to do more such as tracking Patient Visit Average, number of patients with a specific chief complaint, the age of the patients, etc…

As a precursor to my next question you need to know that I have setup OpenEMR, not on a standalone computer/server, but on my web server where my website is hosted so I can have 24/7 access. I’ve taken all appropriate measures to ensure it is secured.
With that said, I would like to be able to schedule patients via my iPhone or iPad. Currently I use Google Apps for my domain which I use Google Contacts to enter all the patients pertinent contact information. I am also using an account on Microsoft’s Outlook.com (again Office 365) for scheduling since it syncs for free with the desktop version of Microsoft Outlook. Both of these things, Google Contacts and Outlook.com Calendar, sync to both my iPhone & iPad.

Are these things possible with OpenEMR or do I need to consider something else?

regards,

Michael

visolveemr wrote on Wednesday, December 24, 2014:

Hello Michael

It is really possible to achieve what you expect using OpenEMR also, but for some modules customizations are required.

You can create the patients and maintain their related images like X-Rays, MRI, CT, etc… in the patients document section. Their Clinical notes can also be maintained using OpenEMR’s predefined encounter forms and Layout based forms.

And Regarding Statistics some of them are available in OpenEMR reports section and for others, we can achieve using code customization works. Even we can create graphical representations for the statistic information we are interested.

Regarding iPhone/iPad or google calendar synchronization, we have achieved the calendar synchronization with all these and this requires code customization works to be done in OpenEMR. This customization will work as follows, When you schedule an appointment in OpenEMR it can be synchronized with the iPhone/iPad/Google calendar of the particular doctor and patient.

To answer, all the requirements are possible and some requires effort on code customization in OpenEMR.

Thanks
OpenEMR Customization/Support Team,
ViSolve Inc
services@visolve.com
Demo’s @ ViSolve Demo Library

mkoontz wrote on Wednesday, December 24, 2014:

Thank you for the reply.

You mentioned Google Calendar but what about Microsoft Calendar (Outlook.com)? Earlier this year Google stopped supporting Google Calendar sync between Google calendar and the desktop version of Microsoft Outlook for the free accounts. Instead of upgrading to a paid account I started using a calendar with Outlook.com which synced to the desktop version of Outlook with no extra fees involved.

visolveemr wrote on Wednesday, December 24, 2014:

Michael

Yes synchronization with Outlook also is possible. We can implement this as follows: Whenever an appointment is created in OpenEMR , it will send an automatic mail to the provider with the link to add the event to the outlook calendar. If he is interested to add that to his calendar, he can add that else he may ignore the event also.

Thanks
OpenEMR Customization/Support Team,
ViSolve Inc
services@visolve.com
Demo’s @ ViSolve Demo Library

I know this post was years ago, but is this still achievable and if so how?